I pray that everyone in our country and the rest of the world stays safe. It is not an easy time for anybody but more so for the poor. Let’s all be grateful for what we have because there are so many out there that are going to struggle and fight for their lives whilst we sit in the comforts of our homes. Let us all do our bit by staying home so we can save our country from devastation. I know some shops are sold out on most items. We have to grab what we can get because there are some that are stockpiling and left very little for others. Help people if you can. I know we can’t go out but offer to help people near you if they need a hand, especially old people.
We managed to get some vegetable so we good for a few days. Butternut and Sweet Potato are veggies that can last a little longer than most veggies so I got some of that. This Roast Butternut and Sweet Potato can be used in wraps, for soups, as a side, in salads, Buddha bowls. The possibilities are endless. So if you are struggling to get veggies this is something that can work for the next couple of weeks.
Roast Butternut and Sweet Potato is something I use often in our veggie wraps. I add some tomato, cucumber and onion to the wrap with some grilled Halloumi Cheese. You can add some sauce or mayonnaise of your choice and it is absolutely delicious. You can roast the veggies and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This can be roasted on the stove top too. If I am in a hurry I add a few drops of water and allow it to steam for a little while and turn up the heat a little and allow it to brown a little. Tastes just as delicious.
I do hope you try this recipe. If you need help with recipes or how to cook a certain ingredient feel free to drop me a mail. I will certainly help you if I can.
Stay safe everyone!
More Sweet Potato and Butternut Recipes to try:
Roasted Butternut and Sweet Potato
- 500 gram butternut cubes
- 500 gram sweet potato cubes
- 1/2 tspn paprika
- 2 large cloves garlic smashed and roughly chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Peel and chop the butternut and sweet potato into small cubes
- Mix all the other ingredients, except the butter, together with the vegetable. Scatter a few blobs of butter all over the vegetable
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the veggies on top. Cook in the oven covered with foil for about 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook further until vegetable is tender and slightly charred
- Depending on your oven and how big you chop up your vegetable cooking time can vary