Hello everyone! I know I haven’t posted a recipe in a while. Must admit I have been trying hard to work on my little online store. Cannot believe all the technical bits I’ve had to sort out, still not perfect but I’m nearly there.
Although I have been cooking I haven’t had time to create recipes and snap those photos. I also have my 11 year old who’s been sick for a week now, so it’s been exhausting. Yesterday I wanted a very quick dinner so we settled for some Veggie Schnitzels with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce and a fresh green salad. It was super yum!
This Creamy Mushroom Sauce is so versatile. You can have it on chicken, on veggies, with pasta or toast. You can also try it on some baked potato with a sprinkle of cheese. Amazing how some delicious sauce can turn even the most boring meal into something mouthwatering. That’s exactly what dinner was last night.
You can use button mushrooms or Portobellini mushrooms for the sauce. I usually buy Portobellini mushroom, but if I send my hubby to the shops and don’t give him specific instructions, he grabs any mushroom on the shelf. It’s why this time round I had to use button mushrooms.
For some extra creaminess I used fresh cream but you can use milk or half and half. I also love adding some extra garlic to my sauce but if you are not a fan you can reduce the amount.It’s also a very quick and easy sauce to make so you can have dinner in no time.
More Mushroom Recipes:
Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 250 gram mushroom sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 large clove garlic crushed
- 2 tspn fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tspn cornflour
- 1 cup/250ml fresh cream
- drizzle of lemon juice (optional)
- Heat butter in a large pan and add garlic, mushroom and half the thyme. Fry until all the liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are golden brown
- Season with salt and pepper
- Mix the cornflour into the fresh cream and add to the mushroom. Simmer until sauce starts to thicken, stirring occasionally. If the sauce is too thick you can add a little more cream or milk
- Stir through the other half of the thyme. Drizzle a little bit of lemon juice into the sauce if you prefer.
- Serve with whatever you desire
- You can use milk only instead of the cream or half milk and half cream
- Button mushrooms or Portobellini mushrooms can be used
- If you want a brown sauce you can fry your mushrooms longer
- Perfect served with veggies, chicken, fish, pasta, baked potaotes and much more