Today is one of those days that I am not in the mood for much. I am totally exhausted from fixing this house and making everything perfect so today I am totally taking a break from it all. Dinner is also one of those quick and easy ones Creamy Garlic Mushroom Parmesan Chicken. My little one will be really excited when he gets home to see there’s a hot meal awaiting him. Yes, I know I am one of those crazy mums that always has food in her home, I mean literally a cooked meal.
Sometimes my friends pop over and I will have a whole dinner prepared by 10 in the morning. I have the most energy in the mornings and it’s when I can really get on with things. Come afternoon I am exhausted and fatigued and really don’t have the energy to do much, I can blame that on my thyroid. But don’t get me wrong I still have to be chauffeur, feed my 10 year old only about 50 times from the time he gets home, help with homework and projects and whatever else.
Today I attempted to use my professional camera for the first time, so if my food pics are looking a little off sorts please know it’s my very first attempt at food photography using a professional camera. I was really afraid to use a camera, don’t know why but I am so proud of myself because I finally took the plunge and I know with time I can only get better. Another thing I can scratch off my bucket list. It’s truly amazing how far I have come in terms of my confidence and my ability. Hopefully you will be seeing better quality images as I’m not giving up now.
This Creamy Garlic Mushroom Parmesan Chicken is so delicious with extra garlic, just the way we love it but you can cut down on the garlic if you prefer. Although I don’t think you can have too much garlic. I also used Chicken breasts for this dish but I think chicken thighs can work just as well, may just need a little more cooking time. I added some Cajun spice to my chicken, only because I am the queen of spice….lol! But you will not be disappointed.
Please try this dish and let me know your thoughts.
More of my Chicken Recipes in the link below:
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Parmesan Chicken
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tspn/10ml Cajun Spice
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp/15ml cake wheat flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup/125ml fresh cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 250 gram portobellini mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- Parsley to ganish
- Rub the cajun spice into the chicken breasts and set aside
- Heat 2 tablespoon of butter with a drop of olive oil (to prevent burning) in a large pan. Cook the chicken on both sides for about 4 minutes per side. If breasts are thicker you may need a minute longer. Cover with foil and set aside
- Add the other 1 tablespoon of butter to the excess butter from the chicken and add the garlic and sauté for a minute
- Add the mushroom and cook until brown
- Remove the mushrooms and set aside
- Add the tablespoon of flour to the same pan and whisk for a minute until it thickens
- Add the chicken broth, cream and parmesan cheese and simmer further until it thickens
- Add the Chicken, mushroom and spinach back to the sauce and turn off the heat
- Season with pepper and more salt if required
- Garnish with some parsley and serve over mash potatoes or pasta