It’s that time of year again, it’s going to be a month of meat-free dishes. My 10 year old is definitely going to be a problem, that much I do know. So I think it’s time to get creative with my veggies. I think these Spinach Mushroom Quesadillas for dinner is a good start, don’t you??? Well I will certainly hear the verdict when’s it’s on the table tonight. My hubby will be happy, that’s for sure.
I love cooking stuff that I can make ahead. For these Spinach Mushroom Quesadillas you can make the filling ahead of time. Makes life so much easier. I hate having to rush around trying to prepare supper when I have starving kids putting pressure on me. I promise you it’s the days when dinner is not ready on time that they are starving. Believe me…today nobody will be starving because I have everything organised.
Cooking for me was another therapy session. I needed to clear my head. I have been a little disappointed in people this week. I have realised there are really some unkind people in this world and those people are so quick to judge others. Sometimes we should actually take a step back at look at ourselves. I’m not a perfect human being but I do try my best to be kind and helpful as much as I can be. Sometimes I wish all human beings can practice a little kindness and look for the good rather than all the negatives. It seems like some people almost thrive on negativity. I’m so glad that I have a positive outlook on life, my life is not perfect but I try to see the good in every situation. Even on my bad days I try to smile and hope for the best. I’m glad I was born with a smile on my face, even on my bad hair days my smile makes me look pretty….Lol! We should all try it sometimes, I guarantee you it works.
Thank you for listening, I needed to vent. Now back to my Spinach Mushroom Quesadillas. I used mozzarella, feta and a little sour cream in my filling but you can use a bit of cheddar too. There can never be too much cheese. I added a hint of chilli but if you can’t handle the heat from chilli then you can totally omit it from the recipe.
Here’s more vegetarian recipes:
Spinach Mushroom Quesadillas
- 4 flour tortillas I used brown tortillas
- 200 gram baby spinach chopped
- 250 gram mushroom sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tspn garlic minced
- 1/2 tspn chilli flakes
- 1 tspn Ina Parmaan garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup grated mozarella
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- In a large pan add spinach and allow it to wilt. Remove from heat and squeeze out the excess liquid. Set aside
- Heat the olive oil, add the garlic and sauté for a minute. Do not let it burn. Add the mushroom and fry until all the liquid dries up and it is nicely browned
- Add the spinach to the mushroom together with some salt and pepper, chilli flakes and garlic and herb seasoning. Do not add too much salt as the feta is salty
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool
- Add the sour cream, mozzarella and feta to the spinach and mushroom mixture.
- Fill half of the tortilla wraps with the filling and fold it over. Brush a non-stick pan with some butter or olive oil and toast the tortillas on both sides until it's crisp and the cheese is melted
- Serve hot