As mums we are constantly looking for lunchbox ideas. Mini Cheese Pizzas to the rescue. I have picky eaters and some days I have no idea what to pack in a healthy lunchbox. I wish my child could just eat a peanut butter sandwich everyday. That would solve my problems….haha! The joys of being a mum.
So this year I have made it my mission to make more homemade stuff, rather than chicken nuggets and pizzas from Woolies. They certainly make life easier but homemade always tastes better. Here’s my first little lunchbox recipe for the year Mini Cheese Pizzas. Quick and easy to make and absolutely delicious.
My 11-year-old loves them. He doesn’t like those store bought ones that turns hard after it’s packed and he has to pull on it like biltong…LOL! These Mini Cheese Pizzas are soft and pillowy and the tomato sauce and little sprinkle of herbs makes it so yummy!
You can make a huge batch of these pizzas and freeze them. They take 5 minutes to cook in the oven or you can pop them in the air fryer. Lunch will be ready in a jiffy. I usually pack these with some fruit, nuts or health bar so I feel less guilty about not making healthy choices.
I used the 2 ingredient dough for this recipe which makes it even more appealing, no waiting for that dough to rise and stress over time. These pizzas require minimal effort.
I don’t have other lunchbox ideas on my blog but some of these recipes can work too:
Mini Cheese Pizzas - Lunchbox idea
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt any plain yogurt works
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce/ketchup
- dried italian herbs
- 1 cup cheese I used cheddar
- Mix the self-raising flour and yogurt together until you form a soft dough. If dough is too sticky add a little more flour
- Cover and set aside for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Roll out the dough into a big circle. Use a round pastry cutter and cut into little circles. You can cut them whatever size you prefer
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the circles. Sprinkle a little Italian herbs over and top up with cheese
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes or until cheese starts to melt
- You can store the pizzas in the freezer and bake them later
- Depending on your oven settings the pizzas could take a few minutes longer
- If it is cooked from frozen it could also need more cooking time
- You can add whatever toppings you prefer