I had to make some platters for my friend the past week so I made some mini Spicy Indian Lamb Kebabs for her. My kids thought they were delicious as I gave them a little taste of the extras I had. I promised to make them more so I had to keep to my word. So today Spicy Indian Lamb Kebabs it was with some naan bread, mint chutney and a crunchy salad. They were in heaven.
Today I had a coffee date with my girlfriends. So these Kebabs were perfect to prep ahead before I left home. We go out for coffee on all our birthdays but this year I couldn’t do it on my birthday or soon after. So it had to wait but was so worth it. We love our coffee dates and our birthday coffees have become a little tradition of ours.
It also gives us a chance to catchup on our lives and spend some uninterrupted time together. Every girl needs great girlfriends and getting together with them is the best therapy. I am so lucky that I am blessed with good friends. So I was up at the crack of dawn prepping everything for my Kebabs so when I got home I could feed my hungry kids.
I don’t eat lamb, as you would know from my other posts. However, I do have a little taste just to check if the flavours are right. I can’t exactly post a recipe that I haven’t tasted. But I have also made these in the past to know that it does taste good. Preparation takes a few minutes and it really cooks in no time at all. Delicious lamb dipped in a minty chutney with a hint of chilli, yum!
It would have been great to make a little chilli dip too but I had time constraints. Next time I will work on that chilli dip, promise. These kebabs make great appetizers too if they are made into mini ones.
If you do try my recipe please drop me a comment, I love hearing from you!
Spicy Indian Lamb Kebabs
- 500 gram lamb mince
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion grated
- 2&1/2 tspn ginger/garlic paste
- 2 tspn ground cumin
- 1 tspn ground coriander
- 2 tspn chilli powder
- 1 tspn paprika
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 small lemon
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Soak the wooden skewers in some water for 30 minutes. In a large bowl mix the lamb mince with all the other ingredients. Squeeze in the juice of one small lemon and mix well
- Using damp hands, divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape it around the skewers
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and fry the lamb kebabs, about 4-5 minutes on each side
- Serve with naan bread and a yogurt dip with a crunchy salad
- You can make the kebabs without skewers. Roll them into long sausage like shapes
- If you cannot handle the heat you can leave out the chilli
- Although I cooked mine on the stovetop you can cook them under a hot grill