I loved the naan bread recipe I previously posted but I think I am even more in love with this new recipe I have created. So I thought it’s time for an update. It’s also very simple to make but I think it’s much softer and lighter. For this Easy No Yeast Naan Bread recipe I have not used Greek yogurt.
This Easy No Yeast Naan Bread makes the lightest, fluffiest naan bread and the bonus is you can have naan bread anytime you wish, because it’s that simple to make. You can use this recipe as a base for my Lamb Curry Pizza too.
My husband hates the taste or smell of yeast in his bread or Naan Bread should I say. He refuses to eat the ones I make with yeast but this one he simply loves. What I love about it the most is that it has a soft, pillowy texture.
Naan Bread has become so popular that I think everyone has their own favourite recipe. Of course, it’s always a winner when served with an authentic Indian curry. You can make flatbread, naan bread and pizza with this dough. It’s my favourite recipe for now and everyone thinks I’ve put loads of effort into making them.
I used lukewarm milk for this recipe and I did mention that I used 1 cup of milk. However, if you feel the dough is too sticky please add more flour to make a soft, pliable dough.
Naan Bread (No Yeast)
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil + a little extra
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn sugar
- 1 cup cake wheat flour/all purpose flour
- 2 tspn melted butter for brushing the naan bread
- In a medium bowl mix the milk, oil and sugar together
- Mix in the flour and baking powder
- Knead for 5 minutes
- Place the dough in a bowl greased with oil, cover it and place it in a warm place for 20 minutes
- Knead again and divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll into rounds
- Cook on a pan or thawa on medium heat. Takes about 30 seconds on each side. Stack it in between paper towels. Brush with melted butter. You can add garlic to the butter if you prefer.