I am not a huge fan of eggs so you will rarely find me making an egg for myself. Unless I go out to breakfast or sometimes I share my hubby’s breakfast. I am more the muesli and yogurt kind of girl, it’s what I have almost everyday. Sometimes it will be a smoothie. But I do love quiche and these Easy Salmon Frittatas. They are made in the giant muffin pan so they not exactly mini thus the name…haha!
The idea behind making these Easy Salmon Frittatas larger than usual was because I planned to serve them for dinner. Dinner doesn’t always have to be elaborate. Although for me this was elaborate enough served with a fresh green salad.
Lettuce fresh from my garden, nothing beats freshly grown veggies. I thought these Salmon Frittatas were delicious. In fact I wouldn’t mind having it more often for dinner or lunch.
It took me about 20 minutes to put it all together and bake it in the oven. Can you have a delicious dinner in more record time than that. All I did was shred my salmon into little pieces, chopped my spring onion, beat the eggs and dumped it all in one bowl. Gave it a quick whisk and it was ready for the oven.
If you don’t have salmon I am sure you can add a can of tuna to the mixture. Although I haven’t tried that just yet. Smoked salmon will also work really well. If you don’t eat fish I am sure some broccoli could work too.
It is important to add milk or cream to frittatas as this is what gives it that fluffy, creamy texture. Also don’t overcook your frittatas as they will be dry and crumbly.
You will know it’s cooked when the edges will be slightly brown and the centre is no longer jiggly. It will rise and look almost like a soufflé. I use my cake tester just to make sure the centre is no longer liquid before removing them from the oven.
Please also ensure your pan is greased well with some oil. This will prevent the frittatas from sticking to the pan. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Happy Weekend 🙂
More of my breakfast recipes:
Easy Salmon Frittatas
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 90 gram salmon about 2 small pieces
- 1/2 tspn cajun spice
- 3 small spring onion finely chopped
- 50 gram crumbled feta 1 round of feta, add more if you wish
- 1/2 tspn minced garlic
- 1 tbsp cake wheat flour
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley for garnishing
- oil for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a giant muffin pan with oil and set aside
- Add eggs to a large bowl. Give it a light whisk
- Mix in all the other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper
- Pour equal amounts of the mixture into the muffin pan. Sprinkle the chopped parsley over
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for +-15 minutes. It will be brown around the edges and no longer jiggly in the centre
- Serve with a fresh green salad if serving for lunch or dinner