During the week breakfast is simple as everyone is always in a rush, getting 3 “boys” out the house is quite a mission. As much as I am organised the mornings I must admit are most stressful. Even more so when they can’t find all their stuff, are mum’s supposed to take care of everything and know where all their stuff is. So making this Indian Chilli Coriander Omelette is a rare treat for my husband.
If I had to make them all fancy breakfasts everyday they will never leave the house on time nor will I be able to breath for the hour and a half before they leave home. So I stick to making more “elaborate” breakfasts on the weekend, my kids don’t like eggs much but my hubby loves his egg breakfasts. I made him this Indian Chilli Coriander Omelette which he said tasted just like chilli-bites, if you wondering what that is let me explain. It is a spicy deep fried Indian fritter which is delicious. So here my Chilli-bite inspired Omelette was born.
Indian Chilli Coriander Omelette
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 small onion chopped into small cubes
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 tspn ground coriander
- 1/4 tspn ground cumin
- 1/4 tspn chilli powder
- 1 tiny clove garlic minced
- few coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup cheddar or mozarella cheese grated
- 2 tspn olive oil
- 1 tbsp cream
- Heat oven to 200 deg celcius. Beat eggs and cream until light and fluffy with an electric mixer, about 3 to 4 minutes
- Heat olive oil and saute the onion, tomato, garlic, chilli and spices for a minute. Remove from heat and set aside
- Grease a non-stick pan with butter. Pour in the eggs. Keep tilting your pan so the eggs cook. I make a few slits in the middle to ensure the eggs cook well.
- Add the tomato/onion mixture to the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheese over
- Pop the pan into the oven for 45 seconds. Garnish with coriander and serve.