I don’t know how I missed this but whoever created this recipe is ingenious. This Indian-Style Bread Omelette is made in less than a minute. A sandwich made in one single pan. Heat a little butter in a pan. You whisk two eggs, add it to the pan and give it a swirl. I added some tomato, chilli, coriander and onion to my egg. You can add whatever you prefer.
Once the eggs puff up a little you then place 2 slices of bread on top of the egg. White bread was used in the original recipe but I chose to use some health bread. Gently flip it over, fold one slice of bread on top of the other and you have the most amazing sandwich you will ever eat. This bread omelette is a common street food in India.
My hubby thinks this is the best thing on earth. He loves eggs and although he doesn’t eat bread much, this he can eat by the dozens. I guess the health bread is sort of a guilt free bread and the slices are much smaller.
There are load of videos that you can watch to master the technique. I found it so simple to make. You can also add some cheese, garlic, chilli powder or whatever you prefer. Don’t think it’s a good idea to add too much filling though. Flipping it over may become a mission if it’s overloaded.
Apparently this Indian-Style Bread Omelette can be served with some mint chutney on top. Yum, wish I had some. This recipe is a regular in our home now and we can’t get enough of it. If you haven’t had breakfast yet I think you should go try this delicious invention.
Here’s a few more Breakfast recipes:
Indian-Style Bread Omelette
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 small piece of onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato finely chopped
- few coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 1 tspn butter
- 2 slices bread of your choice
- cheese optional
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan on medium heat
- Beat the eggs, season with salt and pepper and pour into the pan
- Allow the eggs to become a little fluffy then add the onion. tomato, coriander and chilli. Season with more salt and pepper
- Place the bread on top of the eggs
- Gently flip it over
- Fold the sides of the eggs onto the bread
- Flip one slice over the other. Cut into 2 pieces and serve