I love trying new dishes, as long as they are simple. This Creamy Tuscan Salmon with Spinach is just that. It is not really the authentic way of cooking the dish.
Nobody will be complaining, authentic or not because it’s so delicious. Tuscan food is based on the Italian idea of “poor cooking” but let’s just say there’s nothing poor about this Tuscan Salmon dish…haha!
Creamy Tuscan Salmon with Spinach
This is the kind of dish where you can really play around with the flavors. There are many different variations to this recipe.
Some recipes use white wine in the recipe, others chicken stock. You can also use fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried tomatoes.
The amount of cream can be adjusted. You can replace the spinach with kale. You can eat the same dish in a million different ways!
We have a few reasons to celebrate so I thought I will make my family a special dinner today. I made their favorite Chilli Garlic Butter Prawns with this Salmon dish and some veggies.
My hubby has decided he is starting a little venture of his own. I must admit it is a little risky, scary and exciting all at the same time.
He has worked hard all his life and he is one of the smartest men I know. No, I’m not just saying it because he is my husband. He really is an intelligent man.
Don’t tell him I said that, he doesn’t like attention and he is a very private person. Did I say he was very modest too. They say opposites attract, don’t they!!!
But he is no saint, he has his flaws like we all have. Somedays he does drive me crazy. But marriage is about tolerating each other even on the bad days, right!
I don’t believe that my husband’s success is my success. I believe that each has to work hard to achieve whatever they desire, on their own, with the support of each other.
And no I do not plan on going back to an office environment so he won’t have me working with him. My blog has become my full time job and it’s what I love so I am staying right here.
All I can say is that if you ever doubt that hard work pays. I am going to remind you it does. Patience is virtue, trust me on this.
Sometimes even I feel like I am jumping on the same spot but when I look at how far I have come it makes all those baby steps worth it.
Life isn’t about having a degree, having a title, being rich. For me life is seeing my kids healthy and happy, having a loving home, doing what I love and living comfortably.
Never forget to always give to those less fortunate than us. This is something that doesn’t need publicity, just do it from the goodness of your heart.
Back to my Creamy Tuscan Salmon with Spinach
This dish takes just a few minutes to cook. All in one pan, so not many dishes to wash up.
How to cook Creamy Tuscan Salmon with Spinach
Firstly you season the Salmon with salt, pepper and the garlic powder. The oil is heated and you fry the salmon, about 2 minutes on each side, until the skin is crispy.
The salmon is removed from the pan and you make the sauce in the same pan. You saute onion and garlic with some herbs and spice.
You then add the sundried tomatoes. I prefer cooking mine for a minute or two to intensify the flavor. The spinach and cream is added.
Add the salmon back to the pan and to make it even more indulgent add some freshly grated parmesan. How much more divine can it get.
Crispy skin salmon in a rich and creamy sauce…heavenly! You can serve this dish with more veggies or rice and don’t forget some bread to mop up the sauce.
You can find sundried tomatoes at all major supermarkets. Ina Parmaan has a great one too, that I use often in my cooking.
This recipe was adapted from Cafe Delites Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Salmon.
If you do try this recipe please drop a comment and leave a star rating.
More Recipe you may like:
Creamy Tuscan Salmon with Spinach
- 4 salmon fillets about 500gram
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried italian herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 3 cups baby spinach chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cream
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Season the salmon with the salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Add the oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Cook the salmon flesh side down first and then cook the other side until the skin is crisp. Should take about 2 minutes each side
- Melt the butter in the same pan, on low heat. Add the onion and fry until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a minute
- Add the sundried tomatoes and fry for a minute or two. Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the spinach leaves and allow it to wilt. Add the parmesan cheese and allow the cheese to melt
- Place the salmon in the sauce and garnish with some parsley
- Serve over rice, veggies or pasta
- You can use half milk and half cream if you prefer
- The salmon can be substituted with trout or any firm fleshed white fish