Happy New Year everyone! I hope and pray that 2021 is going to be a year filled with brighter days and new beginnings. We started off our year on a sweet note with this Easy No Bake Lemon Cheesecake.
Easy No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
For you my friends that have had a challenging year and have lost loved ones, my heart goes out to you. I hope this year allows you to heal and find peace again.
I wish I could do more for everyone and take away the insanity that’s happening in the world right now. Although I didn’t feel so stressed last year I suddenly feel the anxiety too.
If you ever feel alone and you need a shoulder you can always send me a message. These are crazy times and I know we can all do with a little support without any judgement.
Without being a pessimist I think this year is going to have it’s share of challenges too. However, we have to find a way to rise above those challenges.
This year let us make choices wisely. Let us choose what makes us happy and lights up our soul. Life is far too short so don’t be weighed down by what doesn’t serve you.
Now for this Delicious Easy No Bake Lemon Cheesecake. This is one choice you won’t regret. I promise if it’s cheesecake it never goes to waste in our home.
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
I stopped myself from making a whole No Bake cheesecake before because it never sets quite as well as I wanted it to. This time I did add just enough Agar Agar so it worked out well.
This is a cheesecake I have been making for years and although it never set well my family still devoured it. But I also wanted to make it look pretty so I had to find a way to make it work.
It has a few ingredients and the Agar and Agar can be found in most baking stores. Here in SA Dis-Chem also has stock of it.
However, you are ok with using Gelatin you can substitute the Agar Agar with that. I also find adding my Agar Agar straight into the ingredients works better for me.
How to make this Easy No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
It is so quick and easy to make this cheesecake. I use a pack of Bakers Tennis Biscuits for the base so there is no baking involved at all.
For those that are strictly vegetarian you can use an eggless biscuit or cookies for the base.
You have to use cream cheese that is at room temperature. If your cream cheese it not soft enough you will end up with a lumpy filling.
Full fat cream cheese works best for this cheesecake as it allows it to set better.
The base can be processed in a food processor. Then it’s just about mixing the filling and adding it to the base. It’s then refrigerated overnight and you have a cheesecake.
I think because I make so many lemon stuff these days my tastebuds is more acquired to the taste. I find myself using a lot more lemon that I have in the past.
If you can’t handle too much lemon feel free to adjust it accordingly.
Easy No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
As always my recipes are pretty easy. This cheesecake can be made by anyone. Nothing complicated about this Cheesecake so you don’t need much skills.
I find it easier to get some of my filling onto the sides of my springform pan. That way even if your filling is not completely set it still stays intact.
Although you can allow this cheesecake to set for about 5 hours, I prefer to wait a little longer. It’s why I say overnight, it just gives it a better chance to set well.
More Decadent Desserts to try:
Easy No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- 200 gram tennis biscuits
- 85 gram butter melted
- 500 gram full fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups/500ml fresh cream
- 1x385 gram condensed milk
- 5 tsp agar agar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Line the base of a 22cm springform pan with some baking paper. Set aside
- Using a food processor process the tennis biscuits until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in the melted butter
- Using the back of a measuring cup press the tennis biscuits into the pan, press some onto the sides of the pan as well. Refrigerate whilst you make the filling
- For the filling place the room temperature cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer and mix until smooth and creamy
- Add the lemon juice, condensed milk and agar agar and mix until combined
- Whip the fresh cream separately until just reaches the stiff peak stage. Mix into the cream cheese mixture until combined. Do not over mix
- Pour the filling into the filling. Cover with clingwrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Agar Agar is a vegetarian version of gelatin, made from red algae. It is usually soaked in warm water before using it but I prefer adding it straight to my mixture
- This recipe works well if it's halved too. However, you may need only about 2/3 of the packet of biscuits or you will have a slightly thicker base. But that's about personal preference
- The lemon juice can be adjusted according to your taste. I recommend using fresh lemon juice
- This cheesecake can stay in the fridge for up to 3 days