There is so much pain and suffering in the world right now. Somedays it’s just hard to deal with it all. Today I wanted to keep busy and not think about anything, it’s why I put this Easy Apple Cinnamon Cake on my list of things to do.
Easy Apple Cinnamon Cake
As you all know my kitchen is my sanctuary. When I feel a little stressed it’s where I find peace. It’s the one place that restores my sanity.
The last couple of weeks I didn’t get to spend much time in the kitchen. I must admit even after I felt better I just wasn’t motivated to cook or bake.
This weekend I had to get going again because I had deadlines to meet. But once I got started I realised it’s where I want to be. My passion hasn’t died, I just needed the break.
I have set myself a few goals for the year and with everything happening I may not be able to accomplish them all. But I don’t give up easily so I may just surprise myself.
This Easy Apple Cinnamon Cake felt like a celebratory cake. It felt like we needed to celebrate life again.
My hubby says after Covid he feels like he’s been given a second chance. What better to celebrate than the fact that we are alive and able to see another day!
For me it’s all about simplicity so celebratory cake or not simple is the way to go. Nobody was complaining, this cake was humble but totally yum!
For this cake you require butter, oil, eggs, cake wheat or all purpose flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, vanilla essence, apples, cinnamon, buttermilk and sugar.
The great thing is you don’t need any fancy gadgets. It all gets mixed with a wooden spoon or spatula.Don’t we love fuss free recipes!
Baking the Cake
As we always say never overmix. Over mixing will create dense cakes.
This cake is definitely light, moist and tastes so amazing. It takes about 45 minutes to cook, that’s about the only time consuming bit.
This cake is so simple to make yet so delicious. It makes a perfect tea-time treat.
My family loves it whilst it’s still a little warm, with a dollop of whipped cream on the side. My kids usually don’t like cake with fruit in it but this one they eat without a fuss.
More of my favorite recipes to try:
Apple Cinnamon Cake
- 1&1/2 cup cake wheat or all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup chopped apples about 4 small apples
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a baking pan (18cm) with some melted butter or oil and line the bottom with baking paper
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix all of the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to mix it all together. Mix just until combined, do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on top and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Run a thin knife alond the sides of the cake and turn it onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely
- You can serve the cake with some whipped cream if you prefer
- You can leave out the butter if you wish and use extra oil for the cake.
- This cake is really quick and easy to put together but be careful not to over mix as this results in a dense cake