I have been meaning to share this decadent No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake recipe for a while and finally I get to do it. Hope you all safe at home and not joining the crowds for Black Friday. How crazy is this Black Friday.
Quite frankly I don’t buy into it because it’s just a way to get us to spend money on things we don’t need. There was a time when I was an absolute shopaholic. I think I was at the shops every week, buying absolute nonsense.
In a way I’m glad lockdown happened, it saved me…Lol! Shopping is not all bad, it can be rather therapeutic. At least now all I shop for is ingredients to cook. That does give me the greatest satisfaction.
Somedays my hubby goes with me and even he is so patient trying to help me find everything. I have taught him well. I suppose he knows he also gets to eat it, especially all the sweet stuff.
Let’s get down to the recipe. I think this cheesecake is about the easiest compared to all my other cheesecakes. It also set better than most fridge cheesecakes.
Decadent No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
I must admit this is an expensive Cheesecake to make. For a cheesecake you do need good quality ingredients or it just won’t taste as nice. I promise spending that little extra will be so worth it.
You need chocolate, I used Lindt milk and dark chocolate. Cream cheese, Mascarpone Cheese, Icing Sugar, Vanilla and Fresh Cream. It makes a fairly large cheesecake so it’s great for a special ocassion.
For the base I used Baker’s Chocolate Digestive Biscuits. I just had to add as much as chocolate as I could…haha!
Making the Cheesecake
Firstly you have to use cream cheese, must be room temperature. Trust me I have used cold cream cheese in the past and I had a lumpy, unpleasant cheesecake.
The room temperature cream cheese is easier to beat and will be smooth and creamy. The sugar is mixed into the cream cheese and then you add in the Mascarpone.
If you haven’t heard of Mascarpone Cheese before . It is an Italian soft cheese that resembles cream cheese. I love the richness it adds to cheesecake therefore I use it often.
I didn’t find the need to use gelatin or agar agar for this cheesecake. I think the chocolate and the full fat ingredients helps it set in the refrigerator.
This No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake definitely needs at least 5 hours to set. You want a proper cheesecake, not mousse so if you remove it from the fridge too early it won’t be firm enough.
I did check mine after 5 hours and it was set. However, I did leave mine in the fridge overnight. It was perfectly set when I removed it from the fridge this morning.
When slicing the cheesecake ensure you use a knife dipped in warm water. It will be a little warm so it makes it easier to get a clean slice of cheesecake.
Decorating the Cheesecake
There’s nothing better than a cold summer dessert topped up with fresh berries and a sprinkle of icing sugar. If I was feeling really indulgent I would have topped it up with some chocolate mousse.
I think that would have been an overkill though so I stopped myself from being sinful…Lol!
Let me know if you do try this Decadent No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake. I always love hearing from you so please drop me a comment and a star rating.
More Cheesecake Recipes to try:
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 200 gram chocolate digestive biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 500 gram full fat cream cheese
- 250 gram mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup/125ml castor sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 200 gram milk chocolate
- 100 gram dark chocolate
- 1 cup/250ml fresh cream
- Line the base of a springform pan with parchment paper and set aside
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in the melted butter
- Place the breadcrumbs in the springform pan and press down with the back of a measuring cup. You can press some onto the sides of the pan if you wish. Refrigerate until the filling is ready
- Whip the fresh cream until stiff peaks form and refrigerate. Ensure your cream is cold when whipping
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl, at 30 second increments until completely melted. Mix well and allow to cool down
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese together with the sugar. Mix until it's smooth and creamy. Add the mascarpone cheese and beat well. Mix in the vanilla essence and cocoa, slowly drizzle in the chocolate and mix just until combined. Ensure the chocolate is cool but not hard
- Fold in the whipped cream. Pour the filling into the base, cover with clingwrap and refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight
- Decorate with fresh berries and a sprinkle of icing sugar when serving. Use a knife dipped in warm water to cut neat slices
- Please use good quality chocolate, it makes all the difference to the cheesecake. You can use more dark chocolate and less milk chocolate if you prefer
- You can use any biscuit base you prefer. Plain digestive or any chocolate biscuit could work too
- The full fat is necessary for this cheesecake as it's what allows it to set better without the addition of gelatin or agar agar