Sharing is caring!
My final attempt at making Chocolate-Chip Cookies, it is the best I have ever made. I cannot tell you how many million times I have tested this recipe. I almost gave up and today I attempted it again, twice in one day just to make sure it is perfect.
The answer is yes, they are perfect and this recipe is definitely a keeper. My kids are so chuffed that their mom finally got their favorite cookies right.
If I thought testing and baking was easy I’ve had to think again. It is hard work and so frustrating at times but then so worth it when it finally works out. As you know, if you’ve been following me for a while, I don’t like too much sugar in my baking.
Unfortunately for these Chocolate Chip Cookies I’ve had to add a little extra sugar or it just wouldn’t have any of that chewiness I was looking for. It is not super sweet like some cookies but still a little on the sweet side for me. This is an easy recipe as it’s literally all dumped in one bowl so it’s really a no-fuss recipe.
Soft and Chewy
These cookies are soft on and chewy on the inside and a little crisp on the edges, just the way we love them. I’ve had to bake them at two different temperature settings just so the inside is cooked so please take note when baking them.
I used three different chocolates for this recipe but feel free to use just one type. I used a little of dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Who said life has to be boring!!!
If you do try this Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe please drop me a comment and leave a star rating. It is always appreciated!
More Cookie Recipes to try:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 175 gram butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1&1/3 cup cake wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1&1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Line 2 trays with parchment paper
- Whisk the flour, bicarbonate of soda, brown sugar and white sugar together
- Place the butter (fridge cold) in a bowl and microwave for 40 seconds and set aside. If it's room temperature butter you may need to adjust the time to about 20-30 seconds
- Beat the egg and vanilla essence into the butter and mix into the flour mixture
- Mix in the chocolate chips. It will be a soft cookie dough and look almost buttery
- Scoop up a level ice-cream scoop of cookie dough and place on the lined cookies tray. Place more chocolate chips on top of each cookie. I only baked 6 cookies on each tray. They need to be spread apart, at least 6cm. I used a 40cm x 30cm tray.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Turn up the temperature to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for another 3-4 minutes until slightly brown on the edges
- Cookies will still be soft when removed from the oven
- Cool on a cooling rack
- I used light brown sugar for these cookies but dark brown sugar is perfectly fine
- When in the oven keep a careful eye on it, depending on your oven you may need to adjust the baking time
- Although I used 3 different types of chocolate but any one type of chocolate will work
- If you prefer a more crisp cookie you can bake them for a few extra minutes
Sharing is caring!