If you’ve been following me for a while you should know by now that I am a potato addict. So why wouldn’t I have a Potato Pizza on my blog! I know I am crazy, eating carbs on carbs but I love it. Let me tell you…this was the best pizza ever!
I am not a huge pizza fan but this for me is the ultimate pizza. Simple, delicious and so full of flavor. It is so quick and easy with just a few ingredients.
My family are not as crazy about potatoes as I am but they did have a taste of my pizza, yes mums always share everything. My absolute favorite herb is thyme and whilst browsing the internet this recipe from thecopenhagentales.com caught my eye.
It was the only recipe I came across that used thyme which is what I had in mind anyway. However, that little “secret sauce” as they call it, is to die for.
For this Potato Pizza I used my own Easy Homemade Pizza Dough. Sometimes I do have lazy days when I use store bought pizza dough.
This recipe makes just one pizza but you can make as many as you want following the recipe.
Ingredients required for the Potato Pizza
One Pizza Base
One Potato sliced in rounds
Salt and Pepper
How to make the pizza
I sliced the scrubbed the potato and sliced it into thin rounds, about half a millimeter thickness. I spread the potatoes on a plate with a couple of tablespoons of water and popped it into the microwave for 5 minutes.
You will have to use your discretion as to how long to cook the potatoes based on your microwave. You can also cook the potatoes on the stove until slightly tender. I kept the skin on.
Place the potatoes on a pizza base. Mix the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper together and drizzle over the potatoes. Place little blobs of mozarella cheese on the pizza and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. How easy is that!
Although I made a single pizza you can make more if you wish. This is enough for two people if serving with a salad.
If you do try my recipe please drop me a comment and a star rating, it is always appreciated.
- 1 pizza base
- 1 large potato sliced into thin rounds
- mozarella cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Scrub the potato and place it in a pot with some water and boil until tender. A knife should slide through easily. Alternatively slice the potato into thin rounds, about 1/2mm and place the potato in a microwaveable dish with 3 tablespoons of water and cook for 5 minutes. Use your discretion in terms of cooking time if using the microwave
- Place the potato rounds on top of the potato base
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, thyme salt and pepper and drizzle on top of the potatoes
- Place chunks of mozarella cheese randomly on top of the pizza
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes or until cooked with a golden brown crust
- You can use however much mozarella cheese you prefer. I did not add too much because I already felt guilty about all the carbs
- You can use feta instead of mozarella