Today I tricked my kids into eating leftovers, they hate leftovers. I am partly to be blamed for that as I always have fresh meals prepared for them, only because I don’t have a full-time job and I love cooking but we all have our days when you really don’t want to cook, even some of us that loooove cooking. With leftover lamb curry this Lamb Curry Pizza was born and was oh so delicious, well according to my boys who don’t usually eat leftovers.
Normally if I have leftover food I have to eat it myself or share it with my sweet neighbour but my neighbour’s away and my hubby and I don’t eat lamb so I thought I will make them a pizza, yes an Indian Lamb Curry Pizza with leftover lamb curry. At first they looked at it strangely and said what’s in that pizza? I said lamb but didn’t use the word leftovers, believe it or not that pizza was all gobbled up within half an hour and to my amazement I was told it was the best pizza they’ve eaten.
This pizza didn’t take much time to prepare and the pizza base just needed 3 ingredients, it was a soft and pillowy base which they prefer. Although I didn’t taste it I can tell you that it smelled divine! You can find try this Durban Lamb Curry recipe and if you have leftovers then you can try making this pizza.
Lamb Curry Pizza
- 1 cup self-raising flour sifted
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil will do
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- lamb & sauce or gravy from the lamb curry I posted previously
- 1 small onion sliced or diced
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup mozarella cheese grated
- coriander chopped
- STEP 1 - Sift flour, make a well in the centre and add oil and yogurt. Bring the dough together and knead well. Ensure you have a soft, smooth dough. Add a little more yogurt if required. Brush the dough with some oil and place it in a dish, cover and store it in a warm place for half an hour. Heat oven at 200 deg celcius.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, roll dough into a 25cm circle
- STEP 2 - Spread the curry gravy/sauce onto the base. Add the lamb, onion, chilli, tomato and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Garnish with coriander and serve.