Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta is on the menu tonight, for my kids. I am staying away from all the rich, creamy stuff. You would swear my kids were Italian in their past lives.
Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta
They absolutely love pasta. If I cook an Indian dish more than once a week I never stop hearing the moans. However, it I cook pasta everyday they’re in heaven.
Last week I was involved in a little “project”. You will hear all about it when the time is right. Let’s just say it was an amazing but exhilirating experience.
Since I was a little girl I was too afraid to take risks. All my phobias prevented me from doing so many things I would have loved to.
Now that I am 50 I am venturing out a little. It feels good to get out of my comfort zone. I was always so concerned about what the world thought of me.
Does it matter what they think? I believe if I know who I am it doesn’t matter what others think of me. Part of my low self-esteem and confidence issues stemmed from my childhood.
When people told me I wasn’t good enough I believed it. When people treated us less than the rich I believed they were superior to us.
It’s amazing how what doesn’t seem to bother you as a child comes back to bite you as an adult. Now I know better and I will never let anyone ever abuse me or my family again.
I am the voice my mom never had. Because only I know the struggles my parents faced to raise us as decent human beings.
Today I can say I am glad I faced those struggles. It has made me appreciate everything I have so much more. It has allowed me to look deep inside and embrace the woman I am without approval from others.
Don’t ever let anyone make you feel less than you are. Always remember you are enough and you don’t need anybody’s approval.
Back to my Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta. This Pasta was so quick and easy and makes such a great weeknight dinner. If you like a little spice you will love this dish
How do I make Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta
I promise this pasta dish took me less than 30 minutes to cook. Besides cooking the pasta separately there weren’t too many dishes to wash, no fuss and no mess.
It’s as simple as marinating the chicken with a few herbs and spices. The chicken is then fried just until browned. The sauce is cooked in the same pan.
Once the sauce is done you add the chicken and pasta to the sauce and dinner is served.
This pasta is a little spicy but you can reduce the heat if you wish. Adjust the chilli and chilli powder according to your preference.
What Ingredients are required
For this dish you will require some Chicken. I prefer chicken breasts for a pasta dish.
The spices required is chilli powder and paprika, come garlic powder and Italian herbs. You will also need fresh garlic, chicken stock, passata, fresh cream and parmesan.
I used some cake wheat flour and butter to thicken the sauce. Although I used passata for the sauce, if you don’t have any you can always use some fresh tomatoes.
Passata is an Italian tomato sauce and can be found in most major supermarkets. I am totally obsessed with passata, there’s always a bottle in my pantry.
It is so convenient especially for pasta dishes and sauces. However, I must admit I do use it in my Indian dishes too.
Hope you love this dish as much as my kids did. If you do try the recipe please drop me a comment and a star rating. It is always appreciated.
More Pasta Recipes to try:
Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta
- 4 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried italian herbs
- 2 cups dried pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cake wheat or all purpose flour
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 cup passata
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan (optional)
- pinch of sugar if required
- Cook the pasta as per package instructions. Drain and set aside, reserve a cup of the pasta water
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes or strips if you prefer. Marinate the chicken breasts with the paprika, chilli powder, italian herbs and garlic powder
- Heat the olive oil on the stovetop, in a large pan. Fry the chicken in batches until brown. Do not overcook. Set aside
- In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons butter. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the flour and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the passata, chicken stock and cream
- Allow the sauce to simmer for about 3-4 minutes until it thickens. Add a pinch of sugar if sauce is too acidic. Add the pasta and the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the parmesan if you are using some. Add some of the reserved pasta water to the sauce if serving immediately or you can add it when reheating the pasta
- I used penne to make this dish but you can use any pasta you prefer
- You can reduce the amount of chilli if you prefer less heat
- The passata can be substituted with fresh tomatoes
- Always reserve a cup of the pasta water for the sauce