To be honest I really didn’t know what to call these cookies. I had a whole lot of nuts that I need to use so I literally dumped them in some cookie dough, rolled them in chocolate and dusted them with coconut. So here I present to you my Nutty Chocolate Coconut Cookies.
We absolutely love nuts, chocolate and coconut so we were in heaven eating these Nutty Chocolate Coconut Cookies. They are melt-in-your mouth, with a little crunch from the nuts, the sweetness from the chocolate and the little specks of coconut, makes it a heavenly treat.
I promise when I make these cookies it doesn’t ever last too long. But I am limiting the junk in our home so I make small quantities of my sweet treats.
As I mentioned I use a pretty standard recipe for most of my cookies, unless it’s a more specialized cookie that needs a certain texture or has to be made a certain way. For this recipe I used a similar recipe to my Mock Royal Cream. I used butter, icing sugar, cake wheat flour, cornflour, vanilla essence, pecan nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, white chocolate and coconut.
I prefer to use white chocolate for these cookies but you can use whatever chocolate you prefer. If you’re not a fan of coconut you can totally leave that out too.
Quick and Easy
This is about the easiest cookies I’ve made. You don’t need any special skills and yet they look like they’ve come out of a bakery. There’s no refrigerating the dough either, that also saves you time.
How do I make the cookies
Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Not much beating required. You add the vanilla essence and the cornflour. Add in the nuts and the flour. Roll them into balls and bake them. Once baked you dip them in chocolate and roll them in coconut. Easy Peasy!
I use salted butter in almost all of my baking. However, if you are fussy about the salt content you can choose to use unsalted butter and add some salt to the dough. Different brands of butter have different salt content so I suggest you look at the label when purchasing your butter if the salt is something you’re concerned about.
More Cookie Recipes to try:
Nutty Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 250 gram/1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 2 cups cake wheat flour you may need more or less
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup almond nibs toasted
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts toasted and chopped
- 300 gram white chocolate
- 1&1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- Cream the butter and sugar until creamy. Mix in the vanilla essence, cornflour and chopped nuts
- Slowly add the flour until you form a firm dough. For these biscuits the dough has to be firm to create the round balls. If the dough is soft the cookies will spread
- Divide the dough into small round balls, depending on how large you prefer them. Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 160 degrees celsius for 12-15 minutes, the edges will be slightly brown
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack
- Melt little bits of the chocolate, in a small bowl, at 30 second increments in the microwave. Dip the cookies in the chocolate and roll in the coconut. Allow to dry on parchment paper
- You may not require all of the flour. The weather does play a role in the amount of flour used in baking. In Winter the flour is dry and in Summer flour has more moisture
- If you don't wish to use different nuts you can use one that you prefer