I know I am not a health freak but I do try to keep things as healthy as I can. It’s why I tried to make these Cracker Crumb Chicken Tenders the healthy way. Sometimes it does get boring making the same stuff over and over again.
There was some Bakers Salticrax with Roasted Onion in my cupboard so I needed to use them up. It was only about a third of a packet so it was just right for these Cracker Crumb Chicken Tenders
What Ingredients do I need
Not much, that’s the great thing about this recipe. I used 4 chicken breasts, cut down the middle so that gave me eight fillets. I seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and some paprika. Dipped them in egg and crumbed them with the Salticrax crumbs.
How do I cook them
You have a choice, you can shallow fry them or pop them into the oven. I did the latter and it tasted great. No grease and it had the perfect crunch. It took all of 20 minutes and my kids were in heaven.
Serving the Tenders
The dip was also quick and easy. I made my kids a honey mustard dip and it tasted amazing with these Cracker Crumb Chicken Tenders. You can, however, serve them with whatever dip you prefer.
I think it could even work well as a lightly lunch with a crispy green salad.
Making them for kids
If you’re making them for younger kids and you don’t want too much spice, feel free to leave out the paprika and the garlic too if you wish. You can season with a little bit of salt and pepper and dip them in the crumbs. The crumbs has loads of flavor so not much else is needed.
I love it when I make these quick and easy meals, it really does give me more time to do other stuff. Today I managed to test three recipes because I had that extra time and my dear hubby helped me clean the house.
Often I have to also give you loads of instructions and the do and don’ts but this easy recipe doesn’t require much instructions. I also made a little video so you can see just how easy it really is.
I still have a long way to go with my videos but I am getting there and excuse the ugly hands. Well, they are hard working hands so you can see they not pretty anymore.
Besides I have big, not very feminine hands. I guess we can’t have everything we wish for. Besides I have no time for manicures these days so that doesn’t help.
But soon I will make some time and have pretty nails again.If you do try this recipe please drop me a comment and leave a rating, it’s always appreciated.
Cracker Crumb Chicken Tenders
- 4 chicken breasts cut in halves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup salticrax with roasted onion crumbs
- 1 large egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Beat the egg and set aside. Pop the crackers into a ziplock bag and bash them into crumbs with a rolling pin or use a food processor and set aside
- Cut the chicken breasts in halves, lengthwise.
- Season the breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg first, shake off the excess and then dip into the cracker crumbs
- Place the chicken tenders on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle more oil on top of the chicken and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. After 10 minutes turn the chicken over.
- Serve hot with dip of your choice
- You don't need a lot of oil for these chicken tenders, just a light brushing of oil on the baking sheet and about a tablespoon of oil should be enough to drizzle on the chicken
- You can use any flavor salticrax you prefer. The chicken is seasoned so the plain one will also work
- To make the dip I used 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard and 2 teaspoons honey. You can play around with the flavors to see what works for you