I have had a marathon week of cooking, this family never stops eating. If it’s not lunch or dinner they need a tea-time treat. These Delicious Mini Baked Lemon Cheesecake is the perfect treat.
You get 24 little ones and you hope and pray they will each eat one everyday. Wishful thiniking I suppose. Let’s see how long that lasts.
Delicious Mini Baked Lemon Cheesecake
Anything lemon goes in our home. We love lemons and we always have a fruit bowl full of lemons. My hubby makes us warm lemon water every morning too.
I also use loads of lemon in my cooking, doesn’t lemon just do the trick for everything. If you not happy with the flavor, just add some lemon. I love it.
The last time I baked these Mini Baked Lemon Cheesecakes I didn’t add enough lemon. I don’t like the lemon to be overpowering but I do like to taste the lemon.
For us the amount of lemon I used for these Mini Baked Lemon Cheesecake was perfect. Some like a little more tanginess, if you are one of them you can add more lemon to these.
Quick and Easy
What a quick and easy dessert and they look so pretty your guests will think you spent hours making them. Well, that’s when you’re allowed to have guests over again…haha!
You can use digestive or tennis biscuits for the base, I personally love tennis biscuits. If you’re not in South Africa Graham crackers will work fine.
Sometimes I do use the didgestive biscuits. This time I did use tennis biscuits as it’s all I had in my pantry.
Making the Mini Baked Lemon Cheesecake
Although I topped each cheesecake with a dollop of cream, you don’t have to use the cream. It is delicious on it’s own too. For the base I added a tablespoon full of filling to each cupcake liner.
I used another empty liner and pressed it into the filling with my fingers, I found that this compressed the filling well. Sometimes your filling can crumble once baked, if not properly pressed into the liner.
For each mini cheesecake I filled the cupcake liners with 1&1/2 tablespoon filling. If you prefer not use lemon you can omit it and add some vanilla essence instead and drizzle caramel over the cheesecake. That tastes yummy too.
If you need a quick and easy treat then you should try this recipe. Let me know how it turns out, if you do try them.
If you love lemon as much as we do you can also try some of the recipes below:
Delicious Mini Baked Lemon Cheesecake
- 1x200 gram tennis biscuits or graham crackers
- 85 gram/6 tablespoon butter melted
- 250 gram/8 ounce cream cheese room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1x385 gram/8 ounce condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cake wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 250 ml/1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Farenheit
- Place the butter and tennis biscuits in a food processor and process until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Place 24 cupcake liners in 2 muffin pans
- Fill each liner with a tablespoon of the tennis biscuit filling. Use an empty liner and press down the filling with your fingers
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and eggs until smooth
- Mix in the lemon juice and condensed milk. Sprinkle in a tablespoon of flour and mix well
- Fill each liner with 1&1/2 tablespoon of filling
- Bake at 160 degress Celsius for 15 minutes or until the filling is cooked. Will still look slightly wobbly in the centre but it will finish cooking in the pan
- Place the cheesecake on a cooling rack and cool for an hour
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla essence to the whipping cream and whip until stiff peaks form
- Decorate as desired
- I sometimes find that the cheesecake sinks in once baked, after adding a tablespoon of flour to my batter that didn't happen. I think it did the trick
- Do not overcook your cheesecake or it will crack
- You can omit the lemon juice and use vanilla essence and drizzle caramel on the cheesecake instead
- Digestive biscuits can be used instead of the tennis biscuits
- If you do not have a food processor you can add your biscuits to a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin, mix in the butter after
- Ensure your cream cheese is at room temperature or it won't be smooth