Moist Banana Chocolate Muffins it is I guess. Just because when I speak my hubby doesn’t listen. I asked him to please order some groceries online and I said please get a bag of bananas. But he gets 10 instead.
Moist Banana Chocolate Muffins
Do men ever listen, I don’t know about yours but none of mine ever listen…haha! I definitely was a sinner in my past life, I probably treated men really badly.
So God decided to give me a house full of men. Just so I can be tortured by them everyday…Lol!
My home is filled with action packed movies, dirty clothes tossed anywhere they please. Shoes lying around the house. Wet towels tossed on the floor.
A million glasses in the sink all day because they see fit to drink in every glass that exists. And the cherry on the top is our little puppy Max, just to join in the fun.
Now that I have so many bananas I will probably making a whole lot of banana recipes the rest of the week. All I needed was a few for my smoothies.
I have such a caring husband so he couldn’t let me have just smoothies…Lol! I still love them all, never mind their bad habits. It’s called being a MOM.
Ingredients Required for these Moist Banana Chocolate Muffins
These muffins are so light, moist and delicious. I know everyone wants muffins and cakes to be moist. Quite frankly it doesn’t matter to me that much.
Some things I prefer a little less moist. But for all those that ask is it moist? This is your recipe.
All you need is some ripe bananas, the riper the better, Cake Wheat Flour, Baking Powder, Bicarbonate of Soda, Egg, Cinnamon, Vegetable Oil, Butter, Cocoa and Chocolate.
If you wish you can omit the butter and use just the oil but increase it to a half cup. I also used 3 large ripe bananas so the muffins had quite an intense banana flavor.
The chocolate too is totally optional. If you don’t have any you can use cocoa powder only. Here too you can increase the amount of cocoa powder.
How to make the Muffins
This is probably the easiest muffins you will make. It definitely is a no fuss recipe. All you need is one bowl and a fork.
No mixer or whisk required. You mash the bananas, add the eggs, sugar and liquids. Add the dry ingredients and literally give it a mix with the fork.
I found that mixing the batter with the fork allowed me to mix the batter for just the right amount of time. I used a large bowl so it was easy to combine the ingredients.
The oil and just the right amount of mixing gave these Moist Banana Chocolate Muffins a light, soft and airy texture. It was almost melt-in-your-mouth. No, I’m not kidding, you’ve got to try it.
It takes about 30 minutes to make these muffins from start to finish. You will have the most delicious muffins and you can thank me later.
These Muffins are great for lunchboxes and they freeze well too. However, I prefer not to freeze anything for more than a month.
If you’re looking for a vegan version of this recipe then why not try this one from Two Peas and their Pod.
If you do try this recipe please drop me a comment and leave a star rating. It is always appreciated.
More Recipes to try:
Moist Banana Chocolate Muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1&1/2 cup cake wheat flour/all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners
- Place the bananas in a large bowl and smash them with a fork
- Mix in the egg, butter, oil, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda together with the cocoa powder and chocolate. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix
- Divide the batter equally between the 12 cupcake liners. Should be just over half full
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Place on a cooling rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- You can use just oil and omit the butter. Oil must be increased to half a cup
- You can also increase the amount of sugar to half a cup if you prefer a sweeter muffin. The bananas contributes towards the sweetness so I didn't find it necessary
- You can also increase the amount of cocoa and omit the chocolate if you prefer