This is a super yummy Eggless Chocolate Banana Bread. It has a bread like texture, not the soft cake texture some of us love. Well not totally bread like. Let’s just say it has a “lovely to eat” kind of texture. Because this is eggless I didn’t want it to have a very soft texture. I find that chocolate cakes that are eggless have this gooey, stick to your gum like texture and I don’t really like that.
This may have chocolate but I still like to lather it with some butter when I’m eating it. Butter always makes everything taste better. It’s even more yummy with the extra chocolate chips sprinkled on top. I am not being a snob here but if you are using chocolate in your baking go for some good quality chocolate, it does make all the difference. I also used natural, unsweetened cocoa.
In our home we were supposed to be really good this month and eat healthy, yes we are eating healthy. However, because we not always eating enough protein we are hunting for a snack at night. Especially my hubby, when he sees all the sweet treats I baked I suppose he can’t resist. The chocolate and banana combination is heaven so I think he’s going to love it, chocolate is definitely his weakness.
This Eggless Chocolate Banana Bread is made in one bowl with no fuss at all. You mash your bananas with a fork, mix in your wet ingredients, then your dry ingredients and you good to go. Although I used my whisk I didn’t overmix it. Just enough to incorporate all the ingredients and my “bread” turned out perfect. I love it when I can bake with minimal effort and it still tastes good. I also used less sugar but if you have a sweet tooth and you really have to taste that sugar you are welcome to increase the amount. Although the ripe bananas also contributes well to the overall sweetness. Make sure that your bananas are really ripe, you know those ones that don’t look so great with the black spots. I know you are going to love this recipe as much as I do so please try it out.
Here’s a few more of my egg-free recipes:
Eggless Chocolate Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1&1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a loaf pan with soft butter and set aside
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool
- Place the bananas in a large bowl. Using a fork mash the bananas well, ensuring there are no lumps
- Add the melted butter, sugar, vanilla essence and lemon juice. Mix well using a whisk
- Sift in the cocoa, flour, baking powder and mix using the whisk. Do not overmix
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the choc-chips on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Allow to cool slightly before turn it onto a cooling rack