I think this is a case of cupcakes gone bad…..lol! Okay, I wanted to make my moist delicious cupcakes and seeing I shop so much I assumed I had all the ingredients before I started baking. It was meant to be given to a friend. Anyway when I started the whole baking process I realised some of my ingredients were missing.
Don’t get me wrong, these little things are delicious, just not cupcake delicious. They make the most Perfect One-Bowl Chocolate Muffins. It won’t go to waste, trust me. Half of it is eaten already so good thing the cake thing didn’t work out. No, I didn’t eat it all by myself, I shared. I gave some to a friend, some to my helper and a few to the wonderful security guard at my son’s school. He takes such good care of the kids, he deserves a treat.
My kids love Chocolate Muffins and they will be so excited the cupcakes went wrong. More muffins for them. I had to taste one the moment I took them out the oven, Mmmmmmmmm, little morsels of heaven. I told you I don’t eat freshly baked cookies but I do eat freshly baked muffins. You’ve got to try these Perfect One-Bowl Chocolate Muffins to know just what I’m talking about.
My famous words….you can whip these up in no time at all. Took me less than 20 minutes in total. Can you believe that. If you want to make it “doubly yummy” you can add some chocolate chips to the batter. Next time I will add some. If you want to make them a little healthy you can add some nuts too.
Well I must say I am not sorry my cupcakes didn’t work out. My friend will just have to wait an extra day for her cake. But I think that’s going to be even more amazing than muffins. You cannot give someone muffins if you promise them cake, can you?? Nah, I don’t think so, just wouldn’t seem right. She may just assume I’m a cheapskate….don’t want that now! Anyway it was a cake I promised to say thank you for something she did. I feel terrible that I am making her wait so long. But I am sure the next thing I bake will be worth the wait. Well, at least I hope so.
Note to self: Check that you have ALL the ingredients before you start baking.
You can try some of my other sweet treat too:
- 125 grams/1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups cake wheat flour/all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tspn baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup/125ml sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.Add the butter, oil and water to a large bowl. Pop it into the microwave for 20 seconds just to melt the last bits of butter. If you use really hot water you may skip this step
- Sift in the cocoa and whisk well
- Add the sugar and mix. Sift in the flour and baking powder and combine
- Whisk the eggs and sour cream together and add it to the flour mixture. Using a whisk mix everything together until well combined
- Fill 24 cupcake liners, half full and bake at 180 degrees celcius for 10 minutes or when inserting a toothpick it comes out clean