I feel so excited, like a kid in a candy store. I think I have finally got that perfect Egg-Free Choc-Chip Cookies. It has the right amount of chewiness, loads of chocolate and it’s totally moreish. I could have added more but I like to taste some of the actual cookie too, not just chocolate. If that’s the case then I would rather just eat plain old chocolate.
Anyway I have tried many recipes for Choc-Chip Cookies in my lifetime but nothing came close to the way I wanted it. Today I was on a mission to get it right and yes, mission is now accomplished.
I don’t think I’m going to try and change anything for the next few years at least…..says indecisive me. The key to making great Choc-Chip Cookies is to not overcook them and definitely don’t overmix them.
My little one was so excited to see the cookies, he couldn’t wait to dunk one in my milk that was placed there for my photos. Never mind if I had finished capturing my photos or not and never mind the reason for the milk. He said “Mum these are delicious”, that’s all I wanted to hear. So I forgive him for stealing my moment.
I am not great at decorating so when baking requires minimal effort I am all for it. These Egg-Free Choc-Chip Cookies where made in under 30 minutes. I reduce sugar in everything I bake so for me the amount of sugar was perfect. Feel free to add more if you wish. Even the critics who have a sweet tooth was happy with the sweetness. I added some powdered milk to my recipe which adds a lovely rich flavour to the cookies.
If you don’t eat eggs or have an egg allergy you can try some of my other egg-free recipes:
Egg-Free Choc-Chip Cookies
- 125 gram/1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tspn vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp powdered milk I used Klim
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp cake wheat flour sifted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + a little more
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy
- Add the vanilla essence and combine
- Mix in the powdered milk
- Slowly add in the half cup sifted flour plus the 3 tablespoons. Mix until just combined, do not overmix
- Press in the choc chip cookies and the chocolate using your hands
- Scoop a tablespoon or ice-cream scoop full, add more choc-chips on top if you wish. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until just a little brown around the edges. The centre will still be soft but it will harden once it cools down