This Easy 5-Minute Rose Pistachio Burfee was one of my very delayed treats for Diwali. I really wasn’t going to make any sweetmeats but I decided that Diwali is definitely not the same without any sweetmeats.
For those that don’t know what Diwali is. It is a festival of lights where Hindus celebrates the triumph of light over dark and good over evil.
I am so chuffed with how this 5-Minute Rose Pistachio Burfee turned out, it is one of the easiest things to make. That much I promise.
Easy 5-Minute Rose Pistachio Burfee
I always wanted to make these pretty looking “ice-cream” scooped Mithai’s but I never got around to making them. Finally I had to give it a try. This 5 Minute Rose Pistachio Burfee was made all in one pot. No fuss and no mess.
The cooking bit literally takes all of 5 minutes to make, no kidding. Of course, you have to wait for it to set in the refrigerator but that’s really no effort. You only require a little bit of patience.
Ingredients Required for 5 Minute Rose Pistachio Burfee
Fortunately this didn’t require a ton of ingredients. I used Fresh Cream, Condensed Milk, Powdered Milk, Butter Ghee and Rose Water with a sprinkle of Pistachios.
It is the smoothiest and creamiest burfee you will ever eat. It is one of my favorites right now. I have no patience too so this recipe is right up my alley.
For me the less work involved in making stuff the better for me. I also hate washing up the dishes so if I have to use one pot to make a whole delicious tasting treat I am not complaining.
How to make this 5 Minute Rose Pistachio Burfee
You add the liquids with the butter ghee to a pan. Once it heats and starts to bubble you mix in the powdered milk and whisk until it’s smooth with no lumps. Remove from the stovetop and add flavoring.
I cooled mine for 3 hours and used an ice-cream scoop to make the shapes. You don’t have to do this step. It can be placed in a lined dish, refrigerated and cut into squares.
Scooping it with the ice-cream scoop just makes it look pretty but it’s not a necessary step. You can shape them however you wish to. There’s no hard and fast rules to creativity.
If you really not up to decorating you can also make them into little round balls, pop an almond on top and they will look amazing. If I really want to be fancy I usually have sparkle dust and silver leaf in my big box of decorating stuff.
It can turn any dull looking treat into something amazing. So go get yourself some, you won’t regret it. They do last a long time too becaues a little goes a long way.
Storing the Burfee
I would suggest you store the Burfee in an airtight container and refrigerate. When serving you can take it out the fridge at least half an hour before. It is best served at room temperature.
You can also freeze the Burfee for a month. When eating them remove from the freezer a few hours earlier to allow them to soften.
If you do try this recipe please drop me a comment and a star rating, it is always appreciated.
More Mithai recipes to try:
Easy 5 Minute Rose Pistachio Burfee
- 2&1/2 cup klim powdered milk
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp butter ghee
- 1 tbsp rose water or 1/2 tsp rose essence
- pistachio nuts roasted
- Add the fresh cream, butter ghee and condensed milk to a large pan, on medium heat. Once the mixture starts to bubble add the powdered milk
- Use a whisk and whisk the powdered milk until it is smooth and free of lumps
- Keep whisking until it leaves the sides of the pot, about 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat and mix in the rose water. Allow the mixture to cool for about 30 minutes
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. Remove from refrigerator and use an ice-cream scoop to scoop the mixture into little balls. Decorate with roasted, chopped pistachio nuts
- If you don't have rose water you can use rose essence, however some brands of rose essence can be quite strong so please use your discretion when adding it to the mixture
- You can use dessert cream instead of fresh cream
- The butter ghee can be replaced with butter
- The burfee can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for a month