I first tasted this Creamy Tuna Sauce when a friend shared some with me. It was made by another friend, she is also an amazing cook and I hope I have done justice to this recipe. She did mention the ingredients used in creating this recipe but I didn’t get any exact measurements so I made up the recipe from what I remember.
It’s a lovely dish to cook in Summer as you can eat it hot or cold. I did taste it both ways and it was still delicious. This Creamy Tuna Sauce is so versatile. My husband and I love eating it with crackers, it makes the perfect dip. You can also serve it on a bed of pasta or make a pasta bake with a generous sprinkling of cheese…yum!
This sauce is also great for the freezer. You can double the quantity and freeze them until you ready to use. You can separate them as individual portions for those lazy weeknights. I made this as a dip once when I had guests over and they couldn’t get enough of it. I suggest you use the shredded tuna for the dip or it may be too chunky.
Now that my kids are on holiday if I make them a big bowl of pasta they have no complaints. So it’s great to have a few alternatives in terms of the sauce or I think they will be bored. They simply loved this Creamy Tuna Sauce with pasta, my little one was in heaven.
If you do cook this comforting recipe please drop me a mail and let me know how it turned out. I always love hearing from you, good or bad 🙂
More Recipes to try:
Creamy Tuna Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2x170 gram canned solid tuna drained
- 1 extra large onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tspn Italian dried herbs
- 1 tspn Ina Parmaan garlic and herb seasoning
- 1&1/2 cup passata
- 2-3 green chilli chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup/125ml fresh cream
- 1 tspn sugar do not add all at once, adjust according to your taste
- Heat olive oil. Sauté onion until translucent
- Add garlic, chilli and dried herbs, fry for a minute.
- Add the passata, season with salt and add sugar. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the oil surfaces to the top.
- Add fresh cream and tuna. Heat through. Garnish with parsley and serve