I absolutely love this One-Pot Creamy Sundried Tomato Chicken, this recipe is definitely a keeper. I’ve always come across recipes where they’ve used Chipotle Spice but I never really got around to trying some myself. A few weeks ago I was shopping at Woolworths and there I found some, I wasn’t quite sure what to do with this Mexican spice so today I decided to make some Creamy Sundried Tomato Chicken and I thought why not add some smokiness to my chicken dish. I wish I had found this spice sooner, it made my dish taste amazing, I promise. It added so much flavour to the chicken and it actually worked really well with the sundried tomatoes. I did not add too much sundried tomatoes, only because of my picky-eating boys, if it was up to me I would add a whole lot more but you can add more to your dish.
Creamy dishes always taste so delicious, like my other Chicken dish Creamy leek and mushroom chicken which is also another one of my favourites.
I did not splurge on the cream, I’m trying to be really good and eat as healthy as I can so I added just a little cream to add some yumminess but hey, you can splurge if you want. I also did not have a lot of spinach, I cut some from my garden as this was a spontaneous dish but you can add more spinach too.
So I was really looking forward to getting my 9-year-old to try this dish because he will give me his opinion, good or bad. But today he received a birthday voucher from school to get a free pizza and drink, you would swear my child never ate pizza before, he insisted we go and get that free pizza as he is starving…never mind I had to wait a whole half hour to get it. Anyway I had a taste of my creamy chipotle chicken dish and it was heaven. I’m going to serve it with Broccoli and Creamy Mash Potatoes, you can serve it with rice or pasta.
This dish only takes half an hour to prepare so you can have dinner in a jiffy.
Creamy Sundried Tomato Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tspn garlic crushed
- 3 tspn chipotle spice I bought mine from Woolworths
- 1 tspn chilli powder
- 1/2 tspn paprika
- 3 tspn Lemon juice
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tspn garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp sundried tomatoes chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup /250ml low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cream you can add more if required
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp liquid from sundried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cake wheat flour
- Marinate the chicken with the 2 teaspoons garlic, chilli powder, chipotle spice, paprika and lemon juice. Refrigerate for half an hour
- Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat and brown the chicken breasts, about 3 minutes on each side
- Remove chicken and set aside, cover with foil to keep warm
- In the same pan heat another tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and cook until it's translucent. Add 1 teaspoon of garlic,. cook for a minute
- Add a tablespoon of flour and cook for a further minute. Add the chicken broth and cream, heat through. Add the sundried tomatoes, the liquid from the sundried tomato and spinach. simmer for a couple of minutes until the spinach wilts and add the chicken. Simmer for a further minute and turn the heat off. Season with salt and pepper. You may not need a lot of salt as there may be enough salt from the chicken broth.