Somedays I’m healthy, other days not so much. Today was one of those healthy days, it’s why I made Strawberry Popsicles.
It hasn’t really been that hot in Johannesburg. We’ve been experiencing crazy weather so I haven’t exactly enjoyed my popsicles.
Besides my 12-year-old gets violently sick when he eats cold stuff, especially in cold weather. So these have been kept safely in the freezer until it warms up a little.
I am not taking any chances because I am not very good at nursing sick people…Lol! Don’t judge me.
Trust me I take good care of my kids but if anyone is sick, be it my kids, my hubby, my parents or anyone in my family I seriously become an emotional wreck.
Maybe I just got an extra dose of sensitivity when God dished them out…haha!
These Strawberry Popsicles are really quick and easy to put together. The only bad thing is that it has to freeze.
A little bit of patience is all you need and you will have the most delicious Strawberry Popsicles.
No major ingredients required here. You need some coconut cream, strawberries, honey and vanilla essence.
I had some condensed milk in the fridge so I added a tablespoon of that. But trust me it’s not needed.
You can adjust the honey according to how sweet you prefer the popsicles.
How to make the Popsicles
For this recipe no fancy gadgets are required. All you need is a bowl, whisk and a mould for the popsicles.
Takes just a few minutes to bring it all together. You can freeze them for about 5 hours but preferably overnight.
I hope you get to try these popsicles, they make a great summer treat. Your kids will love you for it.
More Recipes to try:
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 2 cups strawberries plus extra
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp condensed milk (optional)
- Clean and hull strawberries. Place them in a blender and blend until smooth
- Place the coconut cream in a bowl and whisk well, about 1 minute. Add the puréed strawberries and honey and whisk. If you're adding condensed milk you can also add that.
- Pour the mixture into silicone popsicle moulds and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- If you wish you can slice up some extra strawberries and place them in the mould, ensure they are flat. Pour the popsicle mixture on top.
- You can use yogurt instead of coconut cream for these popsicles.
- Personally, I find the silicone popsicle moulds work best. I have used other plastic ones and my popsicles are always a disaster
- These popsicles can be kept totally vegan, just don't add the condensed milk
- If you prefer sweeter add more honey or if you wish you an add some sugar