I remember my mum making this rustic One-Pan Sausage Casserole when I was a little girl. It was always so delicious, everything literally gets dumped into one pan. It is then cooked on a low heat until sausages are browned and the potatoes are soft and tender. You don’t need to fuss over it at all. Pop the lid on and walk away, when you get back your meal is ready. I still make them for my kids every once in a while. They simply love it.
You can use any sausage you prefer. I use Chicken Sausages for this dish. I use tomatoes, onion, potatoes and chilli. It’s how my mum always made it. But you could add other veggies to the dish if you prefer. The sausages are placed at the bottom of the pan and then you top it up with the onion, tomatoes and potatoes. Add some herbs and salt and you cover the pan and just allow it to cook.
This dish makes a great breakfast dish too. Although I am sure not everyone wants to eat potatoes for breakfast. I could eat potatoes at any time of the day…haha! If I am serving this dish for dinner I prefer to make a side salad rather than add more veggies to the dish itself. My kids actually prefer a salad.
Because of the simplicity of the dish there’s no need for any major step by step instructions. It’s so easy anyone can make it. How I wish all cooking could be as simple as this. Only my fussy family expects some creative dishes every once in a while. They get bored easily so there’s no chance I could do dishes like this one everyday.
If you looking for an easy dinner recipe tonight or maybe breakfast tomorrow then this is the perfect recipe for you.
More One-Pot Recipes:
One-Pan Sausage Casserole
- 8 sausages
- 2 green chillies cut in halves
- 1 onion cut into rings
- 1 large tomato cut into rounds
- 2 large potatoes cut into rounds
- 1 tspn garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Add the oil to a large pan
- Place the sausages in the pan. Layer the onion, tomatoes and potatoes on top
- Add the garlic and herb seasoning, salt and pepper
- Cover the pan and allow it to sauté on low heat. After a few minutes add a 1/4 cup of water to allow the potatoes to cook
- I used Chicken Sausages but you can use any sausages of your choice
- Ina Parmaan Garlic and Herb seasoning is my favourite but you can use any brand you prefer
- You can add more potatoes if you prefer. My family don't eat as much potatoes as I do so I limited the quantity