Let’s just say the thought of raw eggs in my mousse does not appeal to me. Therefore this Eggless Strawberry Mousse is my go to recipe. It’s easy to make and totally irresistable. It’s light and creamy and not to mention melt-in-your mouth goodness.
My hubby who has a sweet tooth could eat this all the time. Only he can’t make it himself so he has to wait until I make it again…haha! I don’t think lock down has been good for him because he has been eating stuff he usually doesn’t eat.
He is very disciplined in terms of his diet when he works from his office. I suppose watching me cook and bake for my blog doesn’t help, right! He is my official food critic. Trust me he is great at giving very honest critics of my food. Sometimes I not very happy hearing them…Lol!
You only need 4 ingredients for this Eggless Strawberry Mousse. Strawberries are back in season here in South Africa so you can make all the strawberry mousse you want.
Strawberries, sugar, chocolate and fresh cream whipped together makes this a heavenly treat. The kids will love it too.
How to make the mousse
You hull and chop the strawberries. Place them in a saucepan with the sugar. Once they are mushy you remove it from the heat and blend them. You then whip the fresh cream, fold the melted chocolate and strawberry puree into the cream.
Divide the mixture into little jars or ramekins and refrigerate for 2 hours. You will have a velvety, irresistable dessert.
More little treats to try:
Eggless Strawberry Mousse
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1&1/4 cup/310ml fresh cream
- 150 gram white chocolate
- Place the chopped strawberries in a saucepan together with the sugar and simmer until it starts to turn mushy
- Allow the strawberries to cool and place them in a blender and blend until smooth
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, not more than 20 seconds at a time. Once melted allow it to cool down but do not let it get hard
- Using a cold bowl whip the fresh cream until soft peaks form. Do not over whip. Fold in the cold melted chocolate
- Reserve 1/3 of the strawberry puree. Fold the remaining strawberry puree into the cream
- Divide the cream mixture into 4 small ramekins or jars. If using jars you can use a piping back to pipe it in. Spread the 1/3 strawberry puree on top. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving