These Easy One Bowl Funfetti Cupcakes reminds me of my fun loving, carefree childhood. How I wish I could go back in time and not have a care in the world. Wishful thinking I guess.
I am usually a happy, positive person….I do have my moments but that’s very rarely. I try and see the good in everything before I judge. It’s why I love happy stuff, these Fufetti cupcakes was just that. I call it Happy Cakes. It’s colourful and bright and so fun and that’s the reason I enjoyed making them. It took me to a happy place and I think this is something I will be making often.
My 10 year old was so excited when I made them, his eyes lit up when he walked into the kitchen and saw these colourful little morsels of happiness. It tastes delicious too, I try and experiment with my cake recipes until I perfect them. For now this one seems perfect until I eat it again and decide it needs work.
My son’s teacher asked the moms to bake some cupcakes to give to charity. I thought what better than these Easy One Bowl Funfetti Cupcakes. I am sure these will automatically put a smile on someone’s face. When my son took it to school he said the kids were so excited to see them and they were all so curious about the little speckles of colour.
The kids got a chance to decorate the cupcakes themselves and deliver it to an old-age home. It was supposed to go to some kids but unfortunately their school was closed for the holidays. But I am sure I will get the chance to make them for the kids the next time. I love teaching my kids about the art of giving. Nothing makes me happier than to help people and to always share and give to the less fortunate. We are so lucky to be blessed with a roof over our heads and food on our table and it’s why I will always be grateful.
Why don’t you spare a thought of someone that needs a little care today and if you can, make them a happy cupcake!
Lots of love
Easy One Bowl Funfetti Cupcakes
- 100 gram butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 1&1/4 cup cake wheat flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 125 gram/1/2 cup butter
- 1&1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tspn vanilla essence
- 3-4 tbsp fresh cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Melt butter and add the milk to it and set aside. Sift the flour and baking powder and set aside
- Whisk the eggs for 4 minutes until it turns a pale colour. Add sugar and whisk another 4 minutes
- Mix in the vanilla essence
- Add the dry ingredients together with the milk/butter and fold it in or using your mixer give it a quick mix. Slowly stir in the rainbow sprinkles. Do not overmix
- Fill cupcakes liners using a 1/4 measuring cup. You can add more sprinkles on top of the batter. Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- In a large bowl beat the butter until light and creamy, using electric or stand mixer. Add in the sugar a little at a time together with the vanilla.
- Add the cream a tablespoon at a time and keep adding until you reach a light and creamy texture. Be careful not to add too much cream.
- Allow cupcakes to completely cool down before decorating.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days