I love potatoes, I can stay away from lots of carbs but just not potatoes. You give me potatoes in any shape or form and I will devour it, when I was much younger I couldn’t let a day go by without crisps so I think that’s were my addiction to potatoes started. It’s why I absolutely love these Spicy Fenugreek Fried Potatoes.
But I promise I don’t eat potatoes everyday although I could. This recipe is a lovely way to have fried potatoes without it being bland, has just a hint of spice with a soft centre and crisp on the outside, it’s really yummy! There are a few very different ways to make spicy potatoes but these Spicy Fenugreek Fried Potatoes are my favourite. It goes really well with dhall or some fried brinjals and roti.
The best way to make these potatoes is to cover it and allow it to simmer on low heat until they are soft. Then the lid is removed and you allow it to fry on a high heat so the outsides become lovely and crisp…yum!
If you love potatoes as much as I do you may want to try my other potato recipes:
Spicy Fenugreek Fried Potatoes
- 500 gram potatoes cut into cubes
- 1/2 tspn methi/fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tspn Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tspn masala
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 6 tbls light olive oil
- Heat oil. Add fenugreek seeds and dry chilli. Fry for a minute
- Add potatoes and thyme. Saute for a minute.
- Sprinkle the masala, chilli powder and salt over the potatoes. Mix well and saute for 2 minutes. Cover with a lid and allow it to cook on a very low heat until potatoes are soft. Remove the lid in the last 5 minutes and allow the potatoes to get crisp. Drain excess oil and serve.