Today we went back to some light eating and this Vinaigrette Coleslaw was perfect. I sometimes use a mayonnaise dressing, which I also love, I will post a recipe for that sometime soon. This Vinaigrette Coleslaw Recipe is so refreshing and tasty. This salad has just the right amount of tanginess with a hint of sweetness and the perfect crunch from the cabbage and carrots.
My mum always added a grated apple to coleslaw so I also added apple to mine. Only a few ingredients is need for this Vinaigrette Coleslaw Recipe which makes it even more appealing to me. You can serve this Coleslaw with chicken, ribs or some battered fish or some potatoes. It tastes yummy any which way you eat it.
It is also low carb for those that are watching their carb intake. And cabbage is loaded with Vitamin C and Vitamin K so it’s good for you. I also wanted the sweetness without loading the dressing with sugar so I added a little honey. You can really play around with the dressing according to your taste. For my family this dressing was perfect.
This salad is best served when chilled for a while. You can refrigerate for an hour before serving but also stays good in the fridge up to 24 hours.
We love this Vinaigrette Coleslaw Recipe so much so it’s definitely a keeper.
More healthy recipes:
Vinaigrette Coleslaw Recipe
- 350 gram shredded cabbage and carrots coleslaw mix
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 red skin apple peeled and grated
- few parsley leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 20 ml honey 1 tbsp + 1 tspn
- 1 tspn Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tspn salt
- Whisk all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a bowl or place them in a jar, screw the top on and give it a good shake. Set aside
- Finely shred the carrots and cabbage, if you are not using a ready mix. Thinly slice the onion and peel and grate the apple
- Combine the carrots, cabbage, apple and onion. Pour the vinaigrette over the cabbage mixture and toss. Garnish with some chopped parsley leaves
- Cover and chill for an hour before serving
- I used the pre-cut bag of coleslaw mix , just easier if you are in a rush
- Add a bit more apple if you prefer
- Salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours