Fenugreek Fried Potatoes
These fenugreek potatoes are absolutely heavenly. Eat it on it's own or have it a side dish
- 500 gram potatoes cut into wedges or cubes
- 1/2 tspn methi/fenugreek seeds
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 6 tbls light olive oil
Heat oil. Add fenugreek seeds and dry chilli. Fry for a minute
Add potatoes and thyme. Saute for a minute.
Season with salt. Cover with a lid and allow it to cook on a very low heat until potatoes are soft. Remove the lid in the last 5 minutes and allow the potatoes to get crisp. Drain excess oil and serve.
- You can add a teaspoon of masala to the potatoes if you prefer
- To speed up the process you can also boil your potatoes until tender and then fry them as per recipe
- This really is a rustic dish so you can cut the potatoes however you wish
- I do not use onion in this dish because the onion does tend to burn