Rich and Creamy Vermicelli pudding made with milk and condensed milk
- 1 cup/250ml vermicelli broken
- 3 tbsp butter ghee or butter
- 2-3 cups full cream milk
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- 1/2 tspn ground cardamom/elachie
- 1 tspn ground almond
Melt the ghee on medium heat. Add the vermicelli and fry until it's a rich, golden brown color
Add milk, a little at a time and mix well. Allow it to simmer on low heat, with the lid off, until the vermicelli is cooked but be careful not to overcook it. Keep a close eye on it and mix at regular intervals.
When cooked the vermicelli pieces will still remain whole, but should be soft. Add more milk if you prefer.
Add elachie and almond powder. Allow the vermicelli to stand for a few minutes before mixing in the condensed milk
- Frying the vermicelli together with the butter allow the butter to soak in and it elevates the flavor
- Be careful not to let the vermicelli overcook or it will become stodgy
- Remove the vermicelli off the heat and wait a few minutes before adding the condensed milk
- I added 3 tablespoon condensed milk but you can add more if you prefer