I had some bananas that were more ripe than I like them, so what better to make than this Super Easy Banana Bread. I’m really fussy about bananas, I cannot bear to eat overripe bananas, I love them when they are just about ripe and still firm. I often mention my picky eaters in my family but when I was younger I was just as picky, still am to some extent, so I really shouldn’t be complaining. You do become a little less picky with age, well at least I have.
Baking is something I love but it must be easy baking, no long recipes with too many steps. If I create a recipe then it will definitely have a few shortcuts to keep it really simple. There aren’t any bad banana breads that I have eaten, in fact I think it’s one of the easy ones to bake. My recipe calls for everything to be mixed in one bowl, how wonderful is that.
This Super Easy Banana Bread recipe is really that easy and it has the perfect texture with the perfect amount of sweetness. For this recipe I used minimal sugar, like most of my recipes and it still tasted amazing. My bananas were very ripe so they were perfectly sweet and therefore I didn’t need to add much sugar. If I eat things that are sickly sweet I really do feel sick and I don’t enjoy it. However, if you do like a bit more sugar you are welcome to increase the quantity. My family loves banana bread and this recipe is definitely a keeper. In fact when I get old I’m going to make my banana bread, package them and sell them at markets…..hahaha….just kidding! I don’t know if I will have that much energy to slog over banana breads. I am crazy, if you know me then you will know that.
I hope I put a smile on your face, laughing is good for the soul. If you ever meet me one day you will remember me for my laughs. I met a friend today and she said whenever she bumps into me I’m always laughing. That’s true about me, I do laugh a lot and when I worked in corporate I was always in trouble for laughing too much. I’m glad I have a smiley face and not a sulky one as I couldn’t imagine myself any other way. Nothing to do with banana bread….I know.
Super Easy Banana Bread
- 175 gram/3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 medium very ripe bananas mashed (yields one cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 2 cups/500ml self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup/125ml brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 deg celcius. Grease and line a loaf pan and set aside
- In a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork
- Add the eggs, melted butter, sugar and vanilla essence and mix with the fork
- Add the self-raising flour and gently mix until combined
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for +-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean
- Once removed from the oven allow it to cool for a few minutes. Turn onto a wire rack and allow it to cool completely before cutting