Easy One-Pot Dish
I hope you’re all having a great weekend! I had a lovely morning with my friend Michelle, she took me out for a pre-birthday breakfast at my favourite place called Harpers and what a delicious one it was. It’s always nice to have a break catching up with girlfriends, sometimes I get so caught up with being busy I forget what it’s like to relax and have a meaningful chat with friends. This past week I met my friend Donna and today it was Michelle so I’ve had my fix for the next few days. My birthday is in a few days and I’m too scared to even mention my age anymore. After that lazy morning this Spicy Lemon Garlic Fish is the perfect quick and easy dinner.
This world of blogging can be very daunting somedays and I have been a little stressed the past few days as I just couldn’t get the technical side of things right. So you can imagine breakfast with my friend was a welcome relief.
I also have a darling blogging buddy Sonila Cami who runs the blog called Mediterranean Latin Love Affair . She is so kind and helpful through this journey and always encourages and motivate me to do better. I am slowly connecting with more people in the blogging world and it feels great to know that I am not alone in my struggles to get things right. The world is full of amazing people and I am so grateful to have them in my life.
Sometimes we have a goal in mind but don’t always look at the bigger picture. It’s what I often do, jump into things without really analysing it enough. Like what I did with my blog, I jumped in and I thought it would be a walk in the park but was I in for a surprise. It is hard work and it takes constant learning, I am learning something new every single day or should I say every hour of every day. It’s not as easy as clicking a pic and typing a recipe.
Just a little word of advice, go live your dream but just be a little more prepared than I was, you will enjoy it so much more. Now that I’ve got all that off my chest let me get on with sharing my Spicy Lemon Garlic Fish recipe.
Fish can be a delicious protein but it has to be perfectly cooked. Also ensure that your pan is heated before you cook your fish or it will stick. I did not use a non-stick fan but my fish was still intact. It also only requires a few minutes on the heat so keep an eye on it.
Spicy Lemon Garlic Fish
- 500 gram firm white fish I used Kingklip
- 1&1/2 tspn ground cumin
- 2 tspn Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tspn garlic minced
- juice and zest of half lemon
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 tspn garlic minced, this garlic is for the sauce
- 3 green chillies slit in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 25 gram butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Marinate fish with cumin, chilli powder, garlic, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for half an hour
- Heat the olive oil on medium/high heat and sear fish on both sides, about a minute per side. Set aside
- In the same oil saute the green pepper together with the chilli and garlic. When the pepper is almost cooked, add the tomatoes and cook until it starts to burst
- Return the fish to the pan until it's cooked. Season with more salt if required. I cooked the fish for about 3 minutes on each side. However, time will vary depending on thickness of the fish
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the fish and remove from heat.