Just when I say it’s time to eat healthy my kids will pipe up saying they want Nachos. As tempting as these Spicy Chicken Nachos are I refuse to have more than just a taste. I am sticking to eating healthy today. We had guests for dinner last night and we pigged out on starters, mains and desserts so today we need to go easy.
The only reason I made the Spicy Chicken Nachos is due to the fact that Monday and Tuesday is meat-free days. If I didn’t make it then I will live the guilt the next two days.
All I can say, from the bite I took those Nachos are super yum…..omg my kids are killing me! I am not going to be tempted…..trust me I’m not. Although a part of me is saying maybe just another few bites….NOoooooooo! On my next post I will tell you if I was tempted by the devil or not…….hahaha!
I know I say everything I make is easy and you may not always believe me but if you no me well you will know that I only make stuff that’s easy. So yes I am going to say it again, these Spicy Chicken Nachos are easy to make. You marinate some chicken, pop it in a pan. Let it cook and then just dump all the tortilla chips on a tray, pop the chicken and cheese and top and you have your snack ready to be served. Now you tell me does that not sound easy!
If you had you a one good meal in the day and you just looking for that little something to snack on then this is that perfect snack. Spicy Chicken with loads of melty cheese, some jalapeno for that added kick with sour cream and guacamole. How much better can it get. My kids thought this was heaven. Please let me know if you think so too.
Spicy Chicken Nachos
- 2 chicken breasts about 250 grams
- 1 tspn paprika
- 1 tspn ground cumin
- 1/2 tspn chilli powder
- 1 tspn dried oregano
- 1&1/2 tspn minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 gram tortilla chips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese you can use less or more if you prefer
- coriander (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
- Mix the paprika, cumin, chilli powder, oregano, garlic and lime juice together. Rub it into the chicken. You can add a bit of salt but not too much as the stock may be enough
- Heat the oil in a pan. Sear the chicken breasts for about a minute on each side until nicely browned
- Remove the chicken and set aside
- Add the tomato paste to the same pan and cook for a few seconds. Add the chicken stock and heat through
- Add the chicken breasts back to the pan. Cover and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce thickens
- Remove chicken and shred them
- If your sauce is not thick enough you can turn up the heat and reduce it a little more at this stage
- Place the shredded chicken back into the sauce and allow it to heat through.
- Turn on the grill function of your oven
- Place half the tortilla chips in an ovenproof dish or a baking pan. Spoon the chicken on top. Add the grated cheese with some jalapeno. Scatter the other half of the tortilla chips along the edges
- Pop the tray into the oven just until the cheese melts. Garnish with coriander
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole if you prefer