Peppermint Crisp Tart is a popular dessert here in South Africa. I am quite certain than almost every cook/chef has some version of this dessert.
We love it because it is such a simple dessert to make with just 4 ingredients, how much easier can it get. The other bonus is that you don’t have to bake it, pop everything into a dish and refrigerate it for a few hours. I usually make this Peppermint Tart in a rectangular dish and cut them up into squares when I’m ready to serve. You can also make them into little individual desserts. Either way this Simple Peppermint Crisp Tart will still look and taste delicious.
As you all know I like keeping things simple, when I can and I hate finicky decorating techniques. So if a dessert can be made in a dish without any fuss I am all for it. As long as it looks pretty and tastes amazing I am good to go.In my recipe I have noted that I used 2 packets of tennis biscuits, you may not use all of the biscuits. I also suggested 300 grams of chocolate, here too you can use your discretion. You can use up all of the chocolate or you can use less. It’s all about preference.
One thing I can assure you is that this tart will be gobbled up in no time, I had no leftovers as I have a bunch of peppermint lovers in my family. Another plus about making this dessert is that you can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it, it’s what I love about fridge tarts. If I had my way all I will make is fridge tarts.
I hope you also love peppermint flavoured tarts so then you have a reason to try this Simple Peppermint Crisp Tart.
Peppermint Crisp Tart
- 1&1/2 cups fresh cream
- 2 packets tennis biscuits you may not use all of it
- 360 gram/1 can caramel condensed milk
- 2 x 150 gram peppermint crisp chocolate you may not use all the chocolate
- Whip the fresh cream until stiff
- Stir the caramel until it's smooth and add it to the whipped cream
- Crush 150 gram of the chocolate into small pieces and mix into the cream and caramel mixture. If you prefer you can grate the chocolate.
- Arrange a layer of tennis bisuits in a flat dish, I used a 20 x 30cm dish
- Spread 1&1/2 cup of the cream mixture on top. Repeat this twice more until the final layer is the cream mixture. Crush or grate the second chocolate and sprinkle over the top
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight