Summer is on its way so time for light, healthy meals. No more excuses for comfort food but I am not making any promises. I think the fact that this Roasted Broccoli Halloumi Salad is warm still makes it a little comforting. It has a little bit of everything; some crunch, a hint of chilli, some zest and the squeaky halloumi cheese. This is one of those salads that I make often.
Even if you are a salad hater you will love this Roasted Broccoli Halloumi Salad. I am not exactly a salad hater but I am not exactly a salad lover either, I am somewhere in between. But I do love this salad or I wouldn’t be making it at all. My family loves it too.
I love a creamy dressing with my salads, it just makes it so much more edible. The dressing with the sour cream and mayonnaise is so simple and adds a lovely flavour to the salad. Just mix it in before serving. My hubby was in absolute heaven with this salad. He could live on salads, not me. Don’t get me wrong, I will eat a salad but in moderation….haha! You would think that a salad would kill me. I did steam my broccoli for a short while to speed up the process but you can cook it in the oven whilst raw. It will take a little longer but the taste will be all the same.
Here’s some of my other vegetarian dishes you can try:
Roasted Broccoli and Halloumi Salad
- 300 gram or 1 small Broccoli broken into florets and each floret cut into halves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tspn chilli flakes
- 1 tspn minced garlic
- 100 gram Halloumi cheese
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- handful of roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- pinch of chilli flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add the broccoli and cook until slightly tender. Do not overcook as it will go into the oven for a few more minutes.
- Mix the olive oil ,chilli and garlic in a bowl and whisk together. Mix in the broccoli. Season with salt and pepper
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 10-15 minutes until broccoli is still tender but slightly charred
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice and a pinch of chilli flakes in a bowl and whisk well. Mix it into the warm salad
- Cut halloumi into long strips. Heat a grill pan and char the halloumi for about a minute on each side. Cut the halloumi into little cubes and add it to the roasted broccoli together with the almonds and onion. Drizzle with the salad dressing whilst still warm and serve