Refreshing Summer Salad
After seeing a salad posted in the Pick n Pay freshliving magazine I was really inspired to make a similar salad, it looked amazing. This Honeyed Peach and Pesto Salad is heavenly. The original recipe used goat’s cheese and I am not a fan of goat’s cheese. I changed the recipe to suit my tastebuds and it is the best salad ever. And I thought nothing could beat the roasted-brocolli-and-haloumi-salad.
I was definitely mistaken, this Honeyed Peach and Pesto Salad has now become my favourite summer salad.
The peach that I used in this salad was perfectly sweet so I didn’t need too much honey. I also didn’t load it with tons of basil pesto, I used a little pesto but wow, I never knew peaches and pesto could taste so good together. My hubby was amazed at how delicious this salad turned out.
We always have feta in our fridge and feta goes well with almost any salad as far as I’m concerned. It tied in perfectly with the other ingredients in this Honeyed Peach and Pesto Salad, a little bit of sweetness, some saltiness and some crunch. What more can you ask for.
I’m usually not the adventurous type when it comes to food but today I was in a different mood obviously. Just let me say I’m glad I tried something new.
This salad is definitely a keeper and I can’t wait to try making it for some guests soon.
If you are a goddess in the kitchen do try making your own pesto but if you are like me, looking for easy ways to make a meal, just use some store bought pesto. Woolworths makes delicious pesto and I often use it in my dishes, we can’t always make everything from scratch!
Please do try this recipe, you won’t be disappointed, even if you not the adventurous type you will still love it, trust me on this one.
Honeyed Peach and Pesto Salad
- 3 large peach
- 70 gram pumpkin seeds
- 50 gram feta cheese please add more if you prefer
- 1 tspn honey you can add more if you want more sweetness
- 2 tspn olive oil + 1 tablespoon for the pesto you can add more olive oil to the pesto
- handul mixed lettuce leaves or rocket
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a pan and fry pumpkin seeds until golden
- Add honey and remove from heat
- Arrange the peach on a platter. Scatter the feta, lettuce/ rocket leaves and pumkin seeds
- Thin the pesto with the tablespoon of olive oil, add more if you want a more runny consistency and drizzle over the salad before serving