I’ve been embarking on this whole “no sugar” challenge for a while now but that in itself is a challenge I must admit. I think everything in moderation is still ok, life after all is about creating a balance hey! Well I feel better after saying that. Now I can eat these Easy Moist Carrot Muffins without feeling totally guilty, it has sugar but actually has more carrots and nuts so I think that makes it a healthy choice.
These Easy Moist Carrot Muffins are absolutely delicious, I love that I can actually taste the cinnamon and nutmeg. I think the fact that it was freshly ground makes it’s so flavoursome!
I love waking up from bed some mornings and heading straight to the kitchen to bake, it’s when I enjoy it the most. These muffins are so quick and easy with very little effort therefore making it such a pleasure to bake. My family loved these mufffins and they make a great tea-time treat or lunchbox snack.
Easy Moist Carrot Muffins
- 1 cup cake wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts roasted and chopped
- 2 eggs
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs, oil and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla
- Slowly fold in the carrots, pineapple and flour and then add the pecan nuts
- Fill the muffin liners up to 3/4 full and bake at 180 deg Celsius for 15-20 minutes