Summer calls for light meals and lazy days….haha… wishful thinking, I wish I could have those lazy days….can a mum ever! Well at least I get to have the light meals, this Couscous Salad with Roast Vegetable is perfect. What I love most about is that you can have it as a meal on it’s own, great as a bowl meal or add some chicken, lamb or feta to it and you good to go.
My recipe for Perfect Roast Vegetable was used in this recipe, so do follow the recipe to make the veggies. However, I have omitted the Cajun spice from the Roast Vegetable for this recipe.
I am trying to keep things simple the next few weeks as I am overseeing the renovation of our new home, it’s starting to take a toll on my stress levels. But I must admit it’s really exciting, besides cooking and making nails pretty I love interior decorating. I will definitely give you a peek into my new home sometime soon.
The one thing I’m waiting for the most is my brand new kitchen, imagine having your own dream kitchen. I never had my own kitchen designed before, all the homes we lived in had kitchens installed and they were all almost new so my hubby refused to pay for another kitchen. I finally get my way, how exciting is that. I spend most of my days in the kitchen so I want it to be a place I can relax and enjoy being in it. Isn’t it wonderful when you have people over and you can feel proud about your surroundings and even better when your home becomes your peaceful sanctuary. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just neat, clean with a simple, tasteful design.
This year has been a great start, so many exciting things happening in our lives and I am so grateful for all that we receive. With the tough life I’ve had in the past I’m sometimes almost scared when good things happen to me, almost like “do I deserve all of this”? If you going through a tough time right now just know that it will soon end, tough times don’t last forever. Trust me I know. So much for my blabbing away…let’s get back to the recipe.
Nothing much to say about this recipe except that it’s light, delicious and so versatile. Do enjoy!
Couscous Salad with Roast Vegetable
- 800 gram roast vegetable pse follow my recipe in the link above, i just ommitted the cajun spice
- 1 cup/250ml couscous I used the Woolworths brand
- 1 cup/250ml low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1&1/2 tspn ground cumin I roasted my cumin and it was coarsely ground
- 1/2 tspn paprika
- juice of 1 lemon you can add half the lemon juice to start and add more as required, I did use the whole lemon
- Roast your vegetables as per recipe in the link above
- If you are using store bought stock heat it up in a saucepan, add cumin and paprika. Add the couscous and butter and close the saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork. Add the roast vegetable and squeeze the lemon juice in. Toss gently to combine.