My kids are totally crazy about noodles, any noodles will do. However, I don’t agree with giving them the 2 minute noodles. Although, if they had their way they will eat it everyday. This Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry is a much healthier dish so I prefer to make this. A little more effort than 2 minute noodles but so worth it.
I prefer to use crunchy veggies in this stir-fry and I add some Chicken breasts. On meat-free days I replace the chicken with halloumi cheese. Tastes great either way. This dish has loads of flavour and the chilli gives it some heat, which we love. I’ve also added some Chilli Oil for some extra flavour but if you don’t have any you can totally leave it out.
This dish is really not all that difficult to make. Cutting up the veggies is a little bit of a daunting task but I sometimes take a shortcut and buy the pre-cut veggies. If I have loads of time on my hands I cut them up myself. We don’t have many good Chinese restaurants near our home so although my kids love Chinese food they don’t eat it often. I am trying to slowly learn how to make some of my own Asian dishes. Hope I pass the test with my fussy-eaters.
Well this Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry went down really well with the kids. My little one’s eyes lit up when he walked into the kitchen and saw noodles. He wanted to eat straight away. If I have no leftovers then you must know it was a really good dish. I am sure I am going to be asked to make this again very soon.
You can also try some of my other chicken dishes:
Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry
- 170 gram egg noodles
- 5 cups veggies Cut into julienne strips.I used carrots, spinach, cabbage, peppers and onion
- 3 large chicken breasts cut into strips
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tspn garlic minced
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 spring onion chopped
- 2 green chillies cut into strips
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Mix in the chilli oil and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce and chilli sauce together and set aside
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips. Combine the cornflour, 1 tspn garlic, chicken, a little salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil on medium to high heat in a wok or large pan. Fry the chicken until it's done, for about 2 minutes and set aside
- In the same wok or pan add another tablespoon oil. Sauté the spring onion, garlic and chilli for a minute
- Add the veggies and fry until the peppers are tender, about 3-4 minutes
- Add the chicken and noodles back to the wok and add the soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for another minute or until everything is heated through